70%70%70%
Interest
80%80%80%
Easiness
80%80%80%
Average 75%
Psych 3f03

I took this course in Fall of 2012.

Professor: Dr. Feinburg. Funny guy and approachable. Gets flustered a bit if you talk too much so pay attention during class!

Marks:
20% Midterm
20% Midterm
60% Exam

All evaluations are MC. Disproportionate weighting of exam means you really need to know your stuff especially since the exam was held in-class a week before classes ended. One less exam to worry about during actual exam period. There is no book but you are required to read quite a number of scientific articles (about 15 in total) spread over the 3 evaluations. Make sure you know these well (what is the main point) as quite a few questions on the tests pertain to them.

Overall, this is a solid third year course. Lack of a book means less work, as long as you understand the articles well. Study a few days before the tests and you should be fine. 10+ should be easily attainable.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Psych 3f03!

Old 05-03-2013 at 06:41 PM   #2
sadaf

Liked: 1 Time
Could anyone post an update on this review please? Any other/new info is appreciated
Old 05-02-2014 at 07:36 PM   #3
gggggg

Liked: 53 Times
New course review for Winter 2014
Prof: Dr. Andrews
Having taken many psychology courses before and got A+s on all of them, I would say this is the WORST psychology course I have taken so far at mac. The professor is "Extremely" disorganized, biased in his teachings (very anti-psychiatric) and the tests questions are extremely ambiguous.
To start off, you learn about human evolution and behaviour such as evolution of diseases like diabetes, adaptations, animal sexual behaviours, depression and mental health.
We are supposed to have 10 quizzes this term, but the prof reduced them to 5 because he forgets to write them and in one of our quizzes, we handed in blank answers because he did not write the questions. His slides barely have any information on them and sometimes it is extremely hard to understand them. The professor constantly tells us negative things about medicine and psychiatry and criticizes other scientist's work just because the other scientists criticized about him. His tests are unbelievable in the sense that the questions are ambiguous and sometimes very biased. Haven taking animal behaviour, this course is A LOT worse. Would not recommend.
Old 06-05-2014 at 02:27 PM   #4
twinrainbow

Liked: 0 Times
Could someone provide the marking scheme? How many tests/quizzes/assignments did you have?

Old 06-08-2014 at 02:50 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrainbow View Post
Could someone provide the marking scheme? How many tests/quizzes/assignments did you have?
If you google course outlines from the past few years, it's remained the same 20% for 2 midterms and 60% exam. I'm taking it this summer and it's 25% each for midterms and 50% final.
Old 06-04-2015 at 11:44 PM   #6
simsandmax

I took this course in winter 2014 and overall it was very interesting (I actually enjoyed going to lectures). However I didn't like the marking style (3 marks for each MC question but written-answer questions were worth 2). It was also very poorly organized around exam time (nothing was confirmed prior to the exam). I ended up with a decent grade (so I'm not just ranting because of my mark) but I just wish it was organized better.
Old 06-04-2015 at 11:51 PM   #7
simsandmax

oops I meant winter 2015. It was with Dr. Feinberg
Old 06-08-2015 at 01:39 PM   #8
gunsnroses

Liked: 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsandmax View Post
I took this course in winter 2014 and overall it was very interesting (I actually enjoyed going to lectures). However I didn't like the marking style (3 marks for each MC question but written-answer questions were worth 2). It was also very poorly organized around exam time (nothing was confirmed prior to the exam). I ended up with a decent grade (so I'm not just ranting because of my mark) but I just wish it was organized better.
Do you think it is possible to get an 11 or 12 in the course?
Old 06-10-2015 at 08:16 PM   #9
simsandmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
Do you think it is possible to get an 11 or 12 in the course?
Ya I think so, assuming you read all the required articles and put in the work. He reused his questions for the exam so that saved me!
Old 06-21-2017 at 01:07 AM   #10
TheHound

Any reviews with Dr. Krupp?

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search