MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
easy humanities and social science courses? shreya s. Academics 24 05-02-2010 11:16 AM
Not possible to get an A in Social Science courses Iamanonymous Academics 119 01-05-2010 06:48 PM
Social Science 2nd Year Courses...HELP!! Ruggedman Academics 9 04-06-2009 03:22 PM

Is Psychology courses considered as a Social Science course?

Old 06-08-2010 at 09:15 PM   #1
VoyozooT

Liked: 3 Times

Is Psychology courses considered as a Social Science course?
I need to take 1 year of humanities/social sciences courses for prof school. If I take intor to psych x03 and another psych, does that fill the social science requirement?
Old 06-08-2010 at 09:18 PM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Uhm, that's a good question. You can go two ways with a Psych degree, BA or BSc... so technically it's both. But if I were to venture a guess, I would say that it's a science course now... but ask an advisor to be sure. The advisor for Psych responds quickly, just e-mail her.
Old 06-08-2010 at 10:00 PM   #3
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Better idea is to email the professional school itself.

Generally it doesn't matter how your school is organized, its what the school you're applying to wants.
Old 06-08-2010 at 10:40 PM   #4
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

If you look at the Social Science I list, it's there,
but it falls under the faculty of Science...

I'm pretty sure it counts as a Soc Sci course, if not, I'm in trouble =/ xD

Old 06-08-2010 at 11:38 PM   #5
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

It depends on the school you apply to.
I would call/e-mail someone from the admissions section of the school you're thinking about and ask them.

In terms of medical school - U of T saw psych as a science while Western (I think it was western...) accepted it as a social science.
In my case I was hoping it would work as a social science.