MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I print pictures in a library? jrol Academics 7 02-25-2014 09:05 AM
can you transfer money from your freedom account to the basic account for meal plan? 327005646 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 04-02-2012 04:35 PM
How do I get money out of student account? Kathy2 General Discussion 1 01-31-2011 06:13 PM
Money in Student Account ingénieur.xo Financial Aid 3 02-10-2010 07:24 PM
how to put money into student card oDianao General Discussion 2 10-02-2009 07:27 PM

How to put money on my account to print in the library?

Old 12-01-2014 at 08:48 AM   #1
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

How to put money on my account to print in the library?
Dumb question, haven't printed anything for 2 years, and now apparently they change the payment system, and I can't find the link. Where do I pay for this now? Is that connected to my McMaster payment account?
Old 12-01-2014 at 12:17 PM   #2
GCSM
Half Life 3 Confirmed

Liked: 95 Times

http://printsmart.mcmaster.c a/Add_Value
Old 12-01-2014 at 12:18 PM   #3
arsh03

Liked: 1 Time

This is the main page for print smart where you can see all your options: http://printsmart.mcmaster.c a/node/119

You can use this link to go directly to the website and add credits to your printsmart account http://printsmart.mcmaster.c a/
Old 12-01-2014 at 01:09 PM   #4
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

So is it the same thing as my account where I pay for tuition and whatnot, like can I put money onto my account in the accountant and cashier's office and then use it for printing?
Old 12-01-2014 at 01:37 PM   #5
Loko

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucas View Post
So is it the same thing as my account where I pay for tuition and whatnot, like can I put money onto my account in the accountant and cashier's office and then use it for printing?
Yah. I remember in first year how when the first time I tried to print the lady at Mills stold me to deposit like coins in the printing coin slot machine thing at Mills for me to print. But, this year apparently they change the system or I wasn't aware of it before or the lady at Mills was just dum but when I went to HSC library lady was like you can just use credit card/debit card to deposit money online. I was like O______O holy shitzz .

edit/ i dont know about accountant office but you can definitley do it online same as you can pay for tuition online. What's with chu man paying your tuition at the cashier office like a my little pony we livin in a new generation :O

Last edited by Loko : 12-01-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-01-2014 at 07:35 PM   #6
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Not sure why they changed it, I find it very inconvenient. I for one don't have a credit card, and I don't want to pay the large fee for using a debit card online, not to mention I don't have Interac account.

Did someone actually think a coin machine was a bad idea? Is metal money really that rare and outdated?
Old 12-01-2014 at 08:27 PM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

There are machines near the "printer" copiers. In mills 2nd floor it is beside vending machine. Thode is by the ground floor stairs. Just log in, drop your change and click transfer funds.

Credit card works too. Don't think there's a fee with credit card. You could just withdraw cash and feed bills too
Old 12-01-2014 at 11:29 PM   #8
Omar36

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
There are machines near the "printer" copiers. In mills 2nd floor it is beside vending machine. Thode is by the ground floor stairs. Just log in, drop your change and click transfer funds.

Credit card works too. Don't think there's a fee with credit card. You could just withdraw cash and feed bills too
really? i haven't seen the one in mills, pretty sure it got removed
Old 12-02-2014 at 01:27 AM   #9
Loko

Quote:
Not sure why they changed it, I find it very inconvenient. I for one don't have a credit card, and I don't want to pay the large fee for using a debit card online, not to mention I don't have Interac account.

Did someone actually think a coin machine was a bad idea? Is metal money really that rare and outdated?
Huh what debit card fee? There's no fee for using your debit card to pay for printing or tutition online. You just need an online banking account with your bank which is free you call them and they'll make one for you. I think once you get it and try it you will realize how convenient it is. you know, pay all your stuff (tuition, printing, meal plan, cell phone bill, etc.) anytime you want electronically without having to go directly to the place or carry change around. that machine was a pain in da azz to use i remember you have to insert an exact amount of change or something and it did not accept all coins. way easier to just transfer funds from your chequing accounting using interac online or credit card. if they got rid of that coin machine t hing than good riddance
Old 12-02-2014 at 04:13 PM   #10
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loko View Post
Huh what debit card fee? There's no fee for using your debit card to pay for printing or tutition online. You just need an online banking account with your bank which is free you call them and they'll make one for you. I think once you get it and try it you will realize how convenient it is. you know, pay all your stuff (tuition, printing, meal plan, cell phone bill, etc.) anytime you want electronically without having to go directly to the place or carry change around. that machine was a pain in da azz to use i remember you have to insert an exact amount of change or something and it did not accept all coins. way easier to just transfer funds from your chequing accounting using interac online or credit card. if they got rid of that coin machine t hing than good riddance
Interac charges you for use.

Also really? Carrying a buck in change is so hard nowadays?
Old 12-02-2014 at 04:39 PM   #11
Loko

Quote:
Interac charges you for use.

Also really? Carrying a buck in change is so hard nowadays?
Yo man dont know where you getting your data from but I've used interac online to pay for tution, printing, meal plan, and interac charges customers nothing additional to what they pay. I know when you pay your tuition on mugsi with a credit card there is a fee but there is no fee when you use online banking which is interac online.

I read a long time ago that businesses get charged an additional fee when they give customers the option to use interac online which is why some businesses dont adopt interac online and instead stick with a visa or mastercard only option. But customers dont get charged nothing for using interac online at all. all interac online is an electronic transfer of funds in your chequing/savings account. In other words, it gives customers the option to pay with debit card online instead of borrowing money with a credit card. Why would there be a fee? interac is your debit card it says interac on the back of every debit card

I mean if you doubt my answer try it yourself there is no charge. Yeah its inconvenient to carry cash around so many stuff can happen: you gotta go to the bank and withdraw it, you can lose it, in your pocket it can go in the laundry and break your laundry machine. u know why they got rid of that machine yeah maybe just maybe cuz its inconvenient .
Old 12-02-2014 at 05:18 PM   #12
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Don't use interac then. Use your bank's client card.

@loko paying with credit card has a fee now for tuition
Old 12-02-2014 at 05:30 PM   #13
Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
Don't use interac then. Use your bank's client card.

@loko paying with credit card has a fee now for tuition
=/ the only way you can pay with your bank's client card/debit card online is through interac online (you can also use payee but that is not relevant right now) . The debit card/client card is an interac form of payment that is why it says interac on the back of the card. when you pay in store you use interac when you use your debit card, interac online is just the online payment version of your debit card.

when you use interac online they direct you to your bank's website and you enter your login information for online banking the username is your client card number.

anyways the only way this guy can pay for printing is through interac online (debit card/client card) or credit card since the machine is apparently removed. so deal with it
Old 12-02-2014 at 09:23 PM   #14
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Quote:
the only way you can pay with your bank's client card/debit card online is through interac online
Now you see why I made a giant WTF face when I head that I can't just throw 25 cents into a box in order to print.

If anything they should have replaced the coin machine with a newer one, not making it even a bigger inconvenience.
Old 12-02-2014 at 09:58 PM   #15
Loko

Quote:
Now you see why I made a giant WTF face when I head that I can't just throw 25 cents into a box in order to print.

If anything they should have replaced the coin machine with a newer one, not making it even a bigger inconvenience.
No I dont. This payment online thing is not just about printing, its about the combination of all of your payments (Cell phone bill, tuition, etc. ) That's what makes the online system convenient because you can pay all of your payments in a similar way from the same account anytime anywhere. Why would the university waste money on a new printing machine when everything to do with payments is eventually moving online anyways (lmao how would they change the original coin machine to suit people? not much u can do wit it). people must find the system more convenient, right? thats why changes like this are happening?

What's the use arguing you've already lost university already implemented the change just deal with it conform to it. What's funny is you havent even tried the system so I'm arguing with a person who never paid their stuff through online banking/even owned a credit card. You dont even know how easy it is. That's why I say try it first before saying anything . I'm telling you straight up its a lot easier than having to go to an atm/bank to get real money to pay your stuff . i dont even carry cash no more there is no need for me to I pay with my debit/credit card.