MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TV Show: The Walking Dead Chad Movies & Television 9 11-03-2010 07:11 PM
Our Glorious Dead. burforbt Politics 2 11-02-2010 10:02 PM
Left 4 Dead 2 anyone? Kendoon Gaming 29 10-17-2010 02:24 AM
Glad you didn't accept your Queen's offer? Sammcmaster Athletics & Recreation 2 08-19-2010 12:21 PM

Queen's Student Dead after Falling through Library Skylight

Old 12-03-2010 at 05:19 PM   #16
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freija View Post
Hey, you guys don't even know the circumstance; you can't call them stupid right away.

Maybe they were up there because they had to hide from the government while hunting for dragons -- cause they were trippin' on LSD.
insert drake lyrics here

Old 12-03-2010 at 05:36 PM   #17
Nort

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Regardless of the reasons behind why there were up there, that's just horrible! Security measures should be a lot higher than this, and even skylights should be better than this!

To most of the comments above- imagine losing your life at 18. Darwin or no Darwin, this is just horrible:(
So instead of calling a spade a spade and saying these two were absolutely stupid for being up there and walking on a skylight, we should put the onus on everyone else to prevent idiots from killing themselves? Most people have more common sense then these two.

Queens doesn't need to change a thing, except maybe a one question pass/fail test for everyone admitted.

"Will you dance around on our skylights. Yes/No"

"No"

"Welcome to Queens"
Old 12-03-2010 at 05:50 PM   #18
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Regardless of the reasons behind why there were up there, that's just horrible! Security measures should be a lot higher than this, and even skylights should be better than this!

To most of the comments above- imagine losing your life at 18. Darwin or no Darwin, this is just horrible:(

Lol what? Security measures should be higher so people don't walk on skylights? Umm yes, we should appoint a secrity guard to stand right beside it to prevent idiots from walking on it. And we will also increase tuition costs because we need to change all skylights so people don't fall through.

What happened to being a responsible individual.

temptingf8 says thanks to jo87 for this post.
Old 12-03-2010 at 06:05 PM   #19
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
Lol what? Security measures should be higher so people don't walk on skylights? Umm yes, we should appoint a secrity guard to stand right beside it to prevent idiots from walking on it. And we will also increase tuition costs because we need to change all skylights so people don't fall through.

What happened to being a responsible individual.
how about stricter policies regarding drugs and alcohol, anyone who thinks that these weren't contributing factors is dreaming.

ps. There would probably be times that I would hate my sugestion (friday/weekend) but i would be okay with it if it kept me and others safe.
Old 12-03-2010 at 06:07 PM   #20
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
Two stupid people got injured/killed. You make it seem like we should be worried.
Nah, of course not. I meant that its in Ontario, a few hours away, not halfway around the world. I mean, its totally possible someone on here knows these people, has been to Queen's, or something of that nature.
Old 12-03-2010 at 06:07 PM   #21
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Honestly, this probably needed to happen to advance human evolution.
Old 12-03-2010 at 06:28 PM   #22
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Millions upon millions of years of evolution, organisms fighting to survive being eaten, being killed by the environment, every second of their existence. Thousands of years of human ingenuity- technology, medicine, allowing the modern world to develop into the standard of living we share today- a veritable Eden. And what, we're supposed to feel sorry for a couple of idiots who squander the inherent benefits they have received as a member of this species, who spit in the face of all those who contributed to the society and existence we enjoy today? What, your parents didn't love you enough?, well that's unfortunate. Everybody wants to cry about the people who have it better than them, without mentioning the people who have it much worse. Sure, you may have been dealt a bad deal, environmentally or genetically, or both, but chances are you weren't going to grow up to be the next Einstein or Hawking anyway. I sympathize with those who cared about you, but eventually they will turn to dust, and you will be forgotten. Or you'll all join each other in heaven and joke about how stupid you were back then- hell if I know.

Desda, SilentWalker like this.
Old 12-03-2010 at 07:05 PM   #23
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Millions upon millions of years of evolution, organisms fighting to survive being eaten, being killed by the environment, every second of their existence. Thousands of years of human ingenuity- technology, medicine, allowing the modern world to develop into the standard of living we share today- a veritable Eden. And what, we're supposed to feel sorry for a couple of idiots who squander the inherent benefits they have received as a member of this species, who spit in the face of all those who contributed to the society and existence we enjoy today? What, your parents didn't love you enough?, well that's unfortunate. Everybody wants to cry about the people who have it better than them, without mentioning the people who have it much worse. Sure, you may have been dealt a bad deal, environmentally or genetically, or both, but chances are you weren't going to grow up to be the next Einstein or Hawking anyway. I sympathize with those who cared about you, but eventually they will turn to dust, and you will be forgotten. Or you'll all join each other in heaven and joke about how stupid you were back then- hell if I know.
That's deep, man.
Old 12-03-2010 at 07:37 PM   #24
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:

The person who is dead feels no pain any more. It's the person who's not dead that's suffering.

So losing your life at ANY AGE >>>> Not losing your life but suffering pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Cool story bro.
Old 12-03-2010 at 08:54 PM   #25
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
The person who is dead feels no pain any more. It's the person who's not dead that's suffering.

So losing your life at ANY AGE >>>> Not losing your life but suffering pain.

Cool story bro.
We might feel pain, but it is pain that makes us stronger.
Old 12-03-2010 at 09:09 PM   #26
collinbf

Liked: 49 Times

I do feel sorry for the family and what not. But come on, you don't walk on skylights.

I'm amazed they were even able to get up their, Universities tend to make sure all of the roof entrances are locked, especially during exam times.

Also, I bet it was some double dog dare to see if they had the guts to walk across it.
Old 12-03-2010 at 09:17 PM   #27
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
We might feel pain, but it is pain that makes us stronger.
you want paint that makes you stronger? Follow Insanity DVD for 60 days, don't jump through a freaking skylight
Old 12-03-2010 at 09:20 PM   #28
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Impressive: managing to get up on a roof that was/should have been locked
Not impressive: walking onto a skylight. In what movie or TV show has that ever gone well?

Old 12-03-2010 at 09:37 PM   #29
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

it seemed like a good idea....at the time.
Old 12-03-2010 at 11:30 PM   #30
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
If I decided to walk on a glass ceiling, and I died. I wouldn't blame anyone but me, because that's just ****ing stupid, especially if it was a ROOF.
No, you wouldn't blame anyone because you'd be dead. I mean, blaming yourself after you die? That's just ****ing stupid.

Last edited by Mahratta : 12-03-2010 at 11:32 PM.