MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need 3/4th years courses lifesci09 Academics 0 09-06-2012 10:38 AM
Are first years allowed to take second year courses? Dumbo First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 01-09-2012 10:59 AM
first year courses in upper years vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 07-22-2010 09:00 PM
Medschool prereqs courses (for upper years) nijampb Academics 13 09-03-2008 04:46 PM
Where do first years pic courses? MacEng First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-30-2008 03:45 PM

Question for 2nd - 4th Years about Summer Courses

Old 12-12-2012 at 02:03 PM   #1
macprodigy

Liked: 6 Times

Question for 2nd - 4th Years about Summer Courses
Hey Guys I was just wondering, for the people who have previously taken summer classes, is it possible to take core courses in the summer? I am in the Kin program @ mac and there was one Kin class I did not do too well in - I would like to repeat it because of this. Any information would be much appreciated as I know that McMaster do not post up much information about their summer program until March of the year it is being offered.
Old 12-12-2012 at 02:20 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by macprodigy View Post
Hey Guys I was just wondering, for the people who have previously taken summer classes, is it possible to take core courses in the summer? I am in the Kin program @ mac and there was one Kin class I did not do too well in - I would like to repeat it because of this. Any information would be much appreciated as I know that McMaster do not post up much information about their summer program until March of the year it is being offered.
If it's offered, you can take it; whether it's elective or required is irrelevant.
Kin is a relatively small program though, so the chances they'd offer a course in the summer isn't all that good. You can check and see what's been offered in the past, but there's no guarantee it'll be the same next summer.
Old 12-13-2012 at 04:00 PM   #3
bobthehorse

Liked: 1 Time

The course selection is usually pretty small during the summer. I know for my program they tend to alternate or switch around what courses are offered year after year.

Also keep in mind that summer school can be quite intense; be sure you're willing to put in the time and effort or you'll be in the exact same place as when you started.
Old 12-13-2012 at 04:02 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Depends on your faculty. A list of course offerings for summer will come out second term.
Old 12-13-2012 at 04:12 PM   #5
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

The only kin courses that were offered last summer were 3V03 & 4EE3. You can check what courses were offered last summer here:
https://adweb.cis.mcmaster.ca /mtt/

Based on that you can get an idea of what courses are offered. Keep in mind that if a course was offered last summer, it might not be offered this summer.
Old 12-13-2012 at 04:36 PM   #6
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

I found the further along you go then the harder it is to find a summer course since you tend to be more specialized. Good luck finding one, but you may be able to do it through another university instead
Old 12-14-2012 at 12:00 AM   #7
raptorboi

Liked: 6 Times

Last summer none of the core courses were offered. Universities tend to not change anything year to year