MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honours requirements? justinsftw Academics 3 08-22-2010 11:56 PM
Program Requirements... Toast Academics 1 06-14-2010 02:28 AM
History Program akbadak First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 01-04-2010 11:20 PM
Honours Philosophy and Biology? (Know about this program) sinthusized Academics 3 12-20-2009 11:37 PM

Question about Honours History program requirements

Old 06-11-2010 at 08:44 AM   #1
rebeccaaa

Liked: 0 Times

Question about Honours History program requirements
I'm going into level 3 history starting in September and as always, MUGSI was a pain in the butt last night and I didn't get the courses I needed. I still have time to sort them out, but I have a quick question.

The website states that one must take 5 level 3 courses, however it doesn't indicate whether they need to be completed by the end of 3rd year? Or is it okay to take some of your third 3yr courses while in 4th year? I ask because I have to satisfy program requirements within the branches of history (European, American etc.) and they don't offer all the ones I need in 3rd year, so I'll have to take 2nd year courses because this must be done by the end of level 3. But if I take say 4 3rd yr History courses this year, can I still move onto 4th year without my 5 level 3 courses?

Thanks! And sorry if this is confusing, I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep thanks to SOLAR.
Old 06-11-2010 at 08:59 AM   #2
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

Yes you can take some in 4th year. I'm in 3rd year combined honours history and linguistics so i only have to take 6 units, but you're also expected to be taking 4th year seminars in 3rd year. I've heard from some people who are just in history that a lot of the courses conflict too, I never checked them all out myself. you can spread out your 3rd year history over the next two years, i hope this made sense.
Old 06-11-2010 at 09:33 AM   #3
rebeccaaa

Liked: 0 Times

Yes, it did make sense, thank you