MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question regarding reinstatement? razorsharp55 Academics 7 09-15-2014 11:31 PM
Reinstatement Question hhbi94 Academics 3 06-21-2014 02:51 PM
reinstatement question kev321 Academics 2 06-11-2013 08:28 PM
reinstatement question Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 05-14-2012 08:29 PM
Reinstatement question Mr. Pink Academics 5 09-13-2010 08:07 PM

Question regarding reinstatement

Old 03-04-2015 at 03:41 PM   #1
razorsharp55

Liked: 0 Times

Question regarding reinstatement
Hello everybody,

I want to start off by saying I have posted several questions regarding reinstatement and have received many useful answers, and I want to thank everyone who has answered any of my questions.

I was kicked out of Mac last year (I was a first year), am attending mohawk this year, and plan on getting reinstated to Mac next year. I was unmotivated, careless,clueless about what I wanted, and attended minimal classes last year. This year at mohawk, I am fully motivated and know exactly what I want to do for the next 4-5 years in school.

My average last semester at mohawk was 86% and will most likely be 85% this semester. I was just wondering if these marks are good enough to get reinstated. If it helps, I will also have 2 reference letters from current instructors.

All advice is highly appreciated!

Last edited by razorsharp55 : 03-04-2015 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 03-09-2015 at 12:52 PM   #2
razorsharp55

Bumb. Somebody please help :(
Old 08-06-2015 at 03:07 PM   #3
Starships2

Liked: 3 Times

I got an email yesterday saying Ive been reinstated! They were much slower this year due to complications with mosaic! Check your inbox to see if you got an email regarding your status.Good luck!
Old 08-07-2016 at 04:47 AM   #4
card2202

I have some questions about reinstatement.

1) Is the form in the following link the same one that the people on this thread have used? http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/documents...tement2013.pdf

2) The http address says it's from 2013 but that's not a issue right?

3) a. How long have your letters been? b. The length does not matter as long as you have covered the information listed in the "Additional information for applications for reinstatement" right?

There is also the matter of Request Deadlines. It doesn't matter to me if I qualify to start Fall/Winter or Spring/Summer.

4) a. Do I need to mention when I'd like to start in my reinstatement application? b. It seems I missed the Fall/Winter deadline of June 30 for 2016 but is it too early to send it now for a 2017 Fall/Winter start? c. Also it doesn't include in the list a Winter entry starting in January. I guess my choices are only for what they provide?

5) Do they only accept payment for the $100 application fee via credit card?

6) When applying for reinstatement must it be for the same program you originally got accepted in?

7) If applying for reinstatement in the social sciences department do you really need to complete some Social Science courses from Athabasca or Ryerson University to meet their reinstatement requirements as noted in the following links? http://www.socialsciences.mc master...ent_note.pd f and http://www.socialsciences.mc master...nstatement.pdf

With regards to the content of my letter I have a pretty good idea of what I will write. I do have a medical reason that affected my ability to succeed in my first year with medical documentation for support. I have been able to manage my medical condition and have also completed two college diplomas since being in McMaster and worked in a job related to those diplomas. I want to go back into university again because my experiences have given me a chance to explore another career path related to what I have accomplished and would like to start pursuing. I believe a university degree will help my career goals because it will give me a greater breadth and depth of knowledge required in the field.

Thanks in advance for the help in answering my questions.
Old 08-09-2016 at 11:10 PM   #5
Starships2

Liked: 3 Times

1) If engineering, I think the form is relatively the same. Best to check with your faculty.
2)That shouldn't be an issue. If you're concerned visit the faculty and they have the form printed out for use.
3) Letters are usually two pages MAX. Usually reinstatement for McMaster is for Sept aka Fall/Winter not January or for Spring Summer. The request deadline is usually around end of June. Ive heard that some people get special consideration for handing in their forms in April-May as it shows that they've kept on schedule and are serious about reinstatement. Don't be too focused on handing it in early as it isn't a major advantage.
4) You don't need to mention. They will most likely take you in for sept 2017 as you missed the deadline of June 30th for 2016. From what I know I'm 99% sure theres no January entry for reinstatement so in that sense, you can only be back for Sept 2017.
5) You can pay cash (if you go in to drop off the form) or credit and I think they might have started taking debit (once again if you go in to drop off the form) but Im not sure about that.
6) Nope. Some people have applied to be reinstated into soc sci/humanities from programs such as business or lifesci. Keep in mind its easier to get reinstated for programs with less competition (such as soc sci or humanities from higher demand programs such as life sci and engineering than it is to ask to be reinstated from for ex soc sci to engineering.
7) It would be beneficial for you to take soc sci courses as it shows you are taking this approach seriously and it will reduce your course load when you come back to mac.

You seem like you know what you are doing and how to proceed with this. Best of luck!

card2202 says thanks to Starships2 for this post.