MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
Question Regarding Summer School Classes eleduc Academics 10 01-05-2010 10:05 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM
Summer school question HG88 Academics 4 12-25-2009 11:38 PM
Question About Summer School & Transferring Skip First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 02-26-2009 01:24 PM

Question about summer school!

Old 06-11-2010 at 05:02 PM   #1
reillea

Liked: 0 Times

Question about summer school!
Hi, im using my friend's account right now since i dont have a macinsiders account and too lazy to sign up for one

Im going into my third year and i just switched from life sci to biology. im also thinking of taking a course in term 2 of summer, but when i go on solar to pick my course for the summer, it shows that i have to accept "life sci 3" program before letting me choose my course.

im worried that if i accept "life sci 3", it would "nullify" my program selection for bio (which i already accepted last night) and it'll put me into life sci 3 for next year?!

im just scared, i dunno if this actually happens but i'd like some input THANKS!!
Old 06-11-2010 at 05:06 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reillea View Post
Hi, im using my friend's account right now since i dont have a macinsiders account and too lazy to sign up for one

Im going into my third year and i just switched from life sci to biology. im also thinking of taking a course in term 2 of summer, but when i go on solar to pick my course for the summer, it shows that i have to accept "life sci 3" program before letting me choose my course.

im worried that if i accept "life sci 3", it would "nullify" my program selection for bio (which i already accepted last night) and it'll put me into life sci 3 for next year?!

im just scared, i dunno if this actually happens but i'd like some input THANKS!!
The academic school year goes from September to August. So if you are in 3rd in year in fall/winter, you are still in 3rd year for Spring/Summer. It won't nullify your Fall/Winter course selection.

Wait a second, what i just said doesn't follow with what you said. That's kind of weird because I signed up with my 2nd level program this summer. I would definitively go see an advisor about that.
Old 06-11-2010 at 05:11 PM   #3
reillea

Liked: 0 Times

oops, im sorry, its says "life sci 2" for the summer session! just dont wanna accept it cuz mugsi or solar being totally unreliable might think that was the latest program i accepted and thus, becomes my program for the next year!

and yeaaah its the only thing holding me back from taking summer school! so it wouldnt mess up with my registration in biology III in the upcoming school year?

thanks for the quick response! =D
Old 06-11-2010 at 05:17 PM   #4
sana1504

Liked: 7 Times

same thing happened to me.
i wanted to register for a summer school course but it required me to click on "level 1 life science" even though for program selection i wanted to pick level 2 bio.
i e-mailed the sci department, and they said i can click on the button because im technically still in life sci 1 until sept.
however, i would e-mail them just to make sure since your case is a little different

reillea, soomroau all say thanks to sana1504 for this post.