MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last day for parking app KuNFuZeD Automotive & Transportation 6 09-08-2010 04:30 PM
Parking on King St. myoozik General Discussion 2 01-25-2009 01:50 PM
Parking?? WekSos General Discussion 2 11-22-2008 01:53 AM
Parking Permit Pokecheck General Discussion 3 08-04-2008 08:04 PM
Parking? SaraM General Discussion 25 07-28-2008 03:23 PM

questions about parking!

Old 08-11-2010 at 03:01 PM   #1
optimism

Liked: 14 Times

questions about parking!
So how does parking at uni work? I really have no clue whatsoever.
I just checked the map and I'm actually interested in the "I" parking place, but I don't know what else to do. I checked the application paper but "I" isn't listed there. Well it is the closest parking (I think) to most of the buildings. what do you guys suggest I do? btw where is the stadium parking actually located? I found it to be really pricey.

I'm really confused about the whole parking thing so any feedback is highly appreciated.

Best of Wishes

Last edited by optimism : 08-11-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-11-2010 at 03:14 PM   #2
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimism View Post
So how does parking at uni work? I really have no clue whatsoever.
I just checked the map and I'm actually interested in the "I" parking place, but I don't know what else to do. I checked the application paper but "I" isn't listed there. Well it is the closest parking (I think) to most of the buildings. what do you guys suggest I do? btw where is the stadium parking actually located? I found it to be really pricey.

I'm really confused about the whole parking thing so any feedback is highly appreciated.

Best of Wishes
My guess is that you are only allowed to rent a parking space at M, N, O, P, or the stadium. If you look at the parking map, stadium parking is way at the north end of campus at the stadium (duh) which is near the residences. It's expensive because it's underground parking.

I would suggest you apply for a space in M, N, O, or P if you want the cheapest campus parking. Admittedly, these are pretty far away from campus, but there are shuttle buses running between these lots and campus which shortens the trip by a lot.
Old 08-11-2010 at 03:25 PM   #3
KuNFuZeD

Liked: 3 Times

when do we apply for parking?
Old 08-11-2010 at 03:29 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuNFuZeD View Post
when do we apply for parking?
The deadline was extended but has been available for a couple months now.

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...6.html?t=28916
Old 08-20-2010 at 12:30 PM   #5
jmbauman
Union Market Manager

Liked: 32 Times

Apply ASAP! The Stadium now has a waitlist, so Lot M is going to fill up fast!
Old 08-21-2010 at 12:13 AM   #6
optimism

Liked: 14 Times

I just got my transponder today, thanks all for your help

The question is...how do we use it??
Old 08-21-2010 at 01:29 AM   #7
Jason036

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimism View Post
I just got my transponder today, thanks all for your help

The question is...how do we use it??
On the first day of class drive up to the parking lot gate and hold the transponder in the top left corner of your windshield. When the gate opens automatically you know that the transponder you have will work in that spot. You can then peel back the two sided tape on the transponder and place it in the spot on your windshield.

optimism says thanks to Jason036 for this post.