MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electives Prabh Academics 2 06-18-2010 12:20 AM
Which electives did you want? mcinside Academics 543 09-14-2009 05:34 PM
questions about electives for business leve 1 maren3614 Academics 2 06-27-2008 08:49 AM
electives jade177 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-25-2008 10:02 AM
Payment Agreement and electives questions maclover First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-11-2008 10:43 AM

Questions relating to electives and prerequistie

Old 06-30-2008 at 10:13 PM   #1
amit

Liked: 0 Times

Questions relating to electives and prerequistie
Hey everyone, I am registered to start my first year at Mac this fall as a health science student but just wanted to clear up some confusing I have about course selection.

I have chosen two economics courses as my electives (ECON IBO3 and ECON 1BB3). Am I allowed to choose two electives from the same subject field? And also, both courses mention Econ 1AO6 as an antirequisite. I am pretty sure I can take both ECON IBO3 and ECON 1BB3 but just need to check with someone who knows more about course selection so I don't encounter problems while registering with SOLAR. Will greatly appreciate if anyone can confirm that I can take both courses as an elective.

Second question is that I wanted to take a physics course as my third elective. But I haven't taken Grade 12 physics.. only grade 11 physics. Does that mean I can only take Physics 1L03 (since it doesn't require a grade 12 physics prerequisite) unlike Physics 1B03 which require one of grade 12 Physics U as a prerequisite?

and btw, great work on the forums. Forums were a great help when listing my residential choices and learning about things to expect in university. Keep up the awesome work.
Old 07-01-2008 at 07:56 AM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Thanks for the praise amit.

Unless the requirements for Health Sci say otherwise, there should be no problem with you taking two electives from the same subject area.

In terms of the antirequisite...I'm still not sure why Mac mentions them. Most of Mac's courses are only one term in length, so econ 1A06 doesn't exist at Mac. I guess they mention it in case you were to take it at another school? I'm not really sure...

If you haven't taken grade 12 physics, then you will only be able to take Physics 1L03 as you mentioned.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement