MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone in KIN 1Y03, please answer this question! Vuci Academics 2 09-16-2010 04:25 PM
a few random questions for help Bodun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-23-2010 11:22 PM
Need student willing to answer some questions via email about commuting lorend Automotive & Transportation 1 07-20-2010 03:17 PM
Questions, please answer Daman K First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 01-01-2010 06:35 PM
Random Questions for the SRA thread huzaifa47 General Discussion 12 03-28-2009 02:21 PM

RANDOM QUESTIONS! please answer.

Old 05-01-2010 at 11:43 PM   #1
kwyhan
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

RANDOM QUESTIONS! please answer.
1. i had to defer my exams due to illness and when i check my grade report,
it says ENVIRO SCI 1A03 D+ DEF what does that mean?
does that mean it IS approved? then what is up with the d+ ?

2. when do we know what programs we got into for 2nd year?

3. when do we know what res we got into for 2nd year?

4. when do we choose courses for 2nd year on SOLAR?
Old 05-01-2010 at 11:53 PM   #2
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

1. I'm pretty sure it means you have a D+ with a 0% on your exam, because you haven't written it. DEF obviously means deferred. After you write the exam they will put your new mark in the course after the DEF.

2. After marks are finalized (May 30th) at some point you'll be able to check and see which majors you've been approved to choose. I believe people have been saying sometime in June on here, but I'm not 100% on this. In any case you'll know your options before you have to pick your courses for next year on SOLAR, then when you go to pick there will be a drop down menu for you to pick your major before you pick your courses.

3. Residence assignments also come out sometime in the Summer. I'm trying to remember but I believe they come out in July. The Housing website should have this information on it though.

4. People going into 4th/5th year choose first, sometime in early June, then a few weeks later 3rd year, then 2nd year and so on and so forth. My guess would be early July, but I can't remember. This information should be somewhere on the McMaster website though.

Also OMG this is just pissing me off but can people stop putting PLEASE ANSWER!! in their thread title. If people know the answer to your questions they will help you. I don't know why but its irritating me, it just sounds so demanding.
Old 05-01-2010 at 11:55 PM   #3
kwyhan
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

thanks!

so i guess i'm safe with question #1?
they'll e-mail me when i'll write it since it's been approved?
Old 05-01-2010 at 11:59 PM   #4
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

I've never deferred so I don't know how they inform you but I know my friend deferred an exam and she told me it had her grade without the exam, then DEF, then after she wrote they added in her new grade.

I just went to the registrar's website. Level 2 course selection starts June 14th for Arts Sci and Science, 15th for Eng, Heath Sci and Nursing, 16th for Humanities and Business and 17th for Soc Sci.