MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a few random questions for help Bodun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-23-2010 11:22 PM
Scholarships (second year and up) Alchemist11 Financial Aid 23 07-24-2010 02:56 PM
Random question ... kirsten..! Residence & Housing 11 07-04-2010 02:08 PM
The most random thing you'll ever watch Chad Computers & Tech 11 06-19-2010 08:33 AM

Random Scholarships Later in Year?

Old 08-25-2008 at 09:53 AM   #1
Tleilaxu

Liked: 10 Times

Random Scholarships Later in Year?
Im not sure if this is true for Mac but i know that when my Brother was at U of T and was paying in installments in January he got a random 4000 dollars grant and a lot of other U of T students that were paying in instalments...or better yet looked as if they had no money cause they hadnt payed yet, got a lot of money from the University. however those that had payed in full or didnt seem like they needed the money only got 500 dollars. So my question is, does McMaster have a similar system where does that SEEM they are in dire need (as in have little money to pay installment plans) do they get the same treatment as my brother did at U of T?

If any upper year students know anything about a possibility or impossibility of this thatd be great.

Last edited by Tleilaxu : 08-25-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-25-2008 at 10:03 AM   #2
Ivan Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tleilaxu View Post
Im not sure if this is true for Mac but i know that when my Brother was at U of T and was paying in installments in January he got a random 4000 dollars grant and a lot of other U of T students that were paying in instalments...or better yet looked as if they had no money cause they hadnt payed yet, got a lot of money from the University. however those that had payed in full or didnt seem like they needed the money only got 500 dollars. So my question is, does McMaster have a similar system where does that SEEM they are in dire need (as in have little money to pay installment plans) do they get the same treatment as my brother did at U of T?

If any upper year students know anything about a possibility or impossibility of this thatd be great.
I'm going into fourth year and I have yet to get random grants.

Any grants you get from OSAP should be written in the letters you get... busaries are possible, but you need to apply... and as for scholarships (though you don't need to apply to some), you'll likely know if you got them by this time now and not in January...
Old 08-25-2008 at 10:09 AM   #3
Tleilaxu

So the chances of getting anything say at the beginning of Term 2 from the university as just a helping loan to those who are paying in installments is not something that happens out of the blue?
Old 08-25-2008 at 02:32 PM   #4
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

I'm going into third year, and I don't believe that happens at Mac either...But it is definitely worth applying for bursaries. There is an application on MUGSI (opening later) that takes about 30 seconds or less to complete, and you could get some money.
Old 08-25-2008 at 05:06 PM   #5
furrys

Liked: 0 Times

I got a random $400 scholarship last year in November (that I didn't apply for). I had already paid my tuition so I just put all my second semester books on my mac id.

edit: I re-read your post, my scholarship was merit-based not need-based if that makes any difference.