MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recycling - Are people just lazy, or actually retarded? Ownaginatios General Discussion 16 11-14-2010 10:10 PM
Recycling Bins Pay919 Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 1 09-13-2010 02:19 PM
recycling bins... davey General Discussion 15 12-11-2008 11:29 PM

recycling

Old 05-10-2011 at 10:02 AM   #1
moonlitnight

Liked: 4 Times

recycling
Where to recycle the cardboard boxes ? the ones that comes with ikea furnitures
Do I just put it on the lawn on the recycling day?

1st time living in a house..so just learning
Old 05-10-2011 at 10:28 AM   #2
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

If you broke/cut the cardboard down into smaller pieces, they should take it in one of your blue bins. Generally 1 blue bin for coardboard, 1 for cans/bottles
Old 05-10-2011 at 10:45 AM   #3
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitnight View Post
Where to recycle the cardboard boxes ? the ones that comes with ikea furnitures
Do I just put it on the lawn on the recycling day?

1st time living in a house..so just learning
u need to have a grey bin i think u can buy from home depot and just put it in it
Old 05-10-2011 at 11:27 AM   #4
soltintal

Liked: 38 Times

grey box? hamilton doesn't have grey - they have blue and green. anyway, you can also cut down the larger sizes and tie them neatly. (scroll down "paper" list)

http://www.hamilton.ca/CityDepartmen...WhatGoesIn.htm

moonlitnight likes this.
Old 05-10-2011 at 11:30 AM   #5
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

if the box is too large (even when cut down in size) to fit with hamilton's regulations then they won't take it. Don't remember the actual max dimension. The solution is to take it to a landfill site, they normally have large dumpster for large recyclable items.
Old 05-10-2011 at 11:33 AM   #6
soltintal

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
if the box is too large (even when cut down in size) to fit with hamilton's regulations then they won't take it. Don't remember the actual max dimension. The solution is to take it to a landfill site, they normally have large dumpster for large recyclable items.

the dimensions are in the link i provided - and this is a good suggestion too. there's the recycling centre in dundas - on olympic just off cootes - and you can throw away any recyclables for free.
Old 05-10-2011 at 11:56 AM   #7
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak705 View Post
If you broke/cut the cardboard down into smaller pieces, they should take it in one of your blue bins. Generally 1 blue bin for coardboard, 1 for cans/bottles
I found out a little while ago that you don't even need blue bins for cardboard, since one of our blue bins was stolen. I fold up all the boxes, put them in a medium size box and put it at the curb.

RyanC likes this.
Old 05-10-2011 at 01:39 PM   #8
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

If you have crapload of boxes, use the biggest box you have and put all your cardboards in it. Put it beside the recycling bins, they will take it.