MacInsiders Logo
Old 10-20-2010 at 07:10 PM   #1
andrewjdg

Liked: 30 Times

Rehabilitation center
Hey, so I just tore my hamstring to shreds today, and I'm wondering how much rehabilitation appointments are at the david braley athletic center? Like what's the cost, etc, or is it free for students? If anyone knows anything please post! Thanks
Old 10-20-2010 at 07:14 PM   #2
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

just had shoulder surgery, information also very relevant to me.
Old 10-20-2010 at 07:15 PM   #3
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

lol @ how casual you are about it

"just tore my hamstring, no biggie"
Old 10-20-2010 at 07:20 PM   #4
andrewjdg

Liked: 30 Times

It's not the end of the world, it's one of these things i definitely did not expect to happen though and it is extremely frustrating. Considering my hamstring is pulsating right now and I can hardly walk, uhh. ^-^ Not to mention I can't join the track team now. Perfect day is perfect.
Old 10-20-2010 at 08:08 PM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Why not take a run over there and ask them?

(lol)

Sorry, can't help ya.
Old 10-20-2010 at 08:11 PM   #6
dsahota

Liked: 83 Times

No its not free, but its cheaper for students. The assessment for physio is $65 and the follow up appointments were $45, their schedule of fees is here:
http://www-athrec.mcmaster.ca/sportmed/fees.htm

If you go to the campus health clinic you can get a referral from a doctor, then you may be eligible to claim under the MSU health plan or your parents Health plan. Many plans cover up to $25 of additional appointments so your cost is only $20 / appointment in the end. In any case, you'll have to prepay at the Rehabilitation centre and then get reimbursed by your benefits provider. They accept all normal forms of payment (credit, debit, cash).

While $45 / 15 minutes of physio may seem pricey, its actually on the cheaper side, many clinics outside of campus charge $50-75 for comparable services. I've also found the physiotherapists at McMaster quite competent and generally got at least 15 minutes of their time, if not more.

Last edited by dsahota : 10-20-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-20-2010 at 08:12 PM   #7
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
Why not take a run over there and ask them?

12char
Old 10-21-2010 at 01:03 PM   #8
Sammcmaster
Staff - McMaster Athletics & Recreation

Liked: 10 Times

Also if you call the sports med clinic 905-525-9140 x23575, you can get a doctors appointment there and see a Sports medicine doctor instead of a family medicine doctor.