Help In Reinstatement!!!! nerual Academics 56 07-16-2012 09:55 AM
reinstatement gongshow Academics 45 06-27-2010 03:39 PM
reinstatement gongshow Academics 8 06-08-2010 11:44 AM

Reinstatement

Old 06-01-2015 at 12:40 PM   #1
jazz3806

Liked: 0 Times

Reinstatement
Hi, so I have completed my first year in Life sciences and have done poorly due to personal reasons. I have a turban that i wear and lived on rez and have been bullied for rest of my life throughout high school and in grade 12 my grades were horrible due to me being depressed. So i decided to come back a year since those bullies would be gone and I had absolutely killed it going from a 50 average to a 88 average and got accepted to life sciences at McMaster. When i came to mac i thought things would change but it didn't as i was an easy target and people started teasing me again and called me terrorists. Some kids in my rez would call out names and in lectures people would constantly make fun of me. It was a toxic environment to study in for which all of november and december i started to commute home even though i lived on rez because i could not handle it anymore. I didn't want to tell my parents and my grades started suffering because i would start stressing out and cry during studying. I am a guy and i have broken down in the library in front of people. By second semester i started to live on rez again as it was hard to afford the car to drive to university everyday. My grades suffered so badly that i tried hurting myself to a point i tried to commit suicide but my sister stopped me. I only failed one class but the rest of the classes i have just passed and my average is below 3.0. So now i am enrolled in summer school in two courses and i am averaging an A in math 1ls3 and a B in econ 1b03. I think its a great improvement so i am just wondering what are my chances of reinstatement?? i want to go into chiropractic school so i have also been volunteering at the chiropractic clinic averaging 25 hours a week while maintaining an A and a B in summer school. Please help me out i am really stressing out and in a state of depression, i really want to get reinstated this fall and i feel as if my summer school marks are good way of showing how quickly i have improved. I am turning 20 this fall and if i have to wait a year then i will be 21 in my second year and will not graduate until i am 23, i will be two years behind. So much stress is going on i just can't handle it anymore. Please if someone could just give me an advice of my chances of reinstatement. Thank you !!!
Old 06-01-2015 at 02:37 PM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

Do you know these people who are teasing you? Do you have some kind of history with these people such that they continue to keep bullying you for something you may have done to them in the past? I find it really hard to believe that people would just hate you for no reason because class sizes in first year life sci are huge, there hasn't been at least one person in your lecture who has stood up for you? Even in residence, there are so many opportunities to meet people or talk to people if you need help. Have you asked yourself why people bully you everywhere you go? Could it be your personality or attitude that people dislike? I think at your age, you're a grown man and words should not hurt you that much... You came to school to learn, not to be accepted by everyone. Just keep doing what you're doing and ignore people who make fun of you. It's not worth the time the think about them.
Old 06-01-2015 at 02:54 PM   #3
jazz3806

Hey thanks for the advice i am actually passed that, right now i am focusing on getting reinstated. I am really stressing right now because i really want to get reinstated this fall. Just like you said i am just focusing on studying right now and ignoring what people say. You may not have the answer to this question but what do you think my chances of reinstatement are?? i personally believe going from 1 and 2s all the way to a 10 and 9 is really fast improvement, plus i have also been volunteering at a chiropractic clinic averaging 25 hours a week and keeping up with summer school. I want to prove to them that i can manage school even with working/volunteering and with just a right push i can succeed. If you don't know the answer it is okay but i am glad that you replied and the advice is really helpful.
Thanks again
Old 06-01-2015 at 02:56 PM   #4
jazz3806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperious View Post
Do you know these people who are teasing you? Do you have some kind of history with these people such that they continue to keep bullying you for something you may have done to them in the past? I find it really hard to believe that people would just hate you for no reason because class sizes in first year life sci are huge, there hasn't been at least one person in your lecture who has stood up for you? Even in residence, there are so many opportunities to meet people or talk to people if you need help. Have you asked yourself why people bully you everywhere you go? Could it be your personality or attitude that people dislike? I think at your age, you're a grown man and words should not hurt you that much... You came to school to learn, not to be accepted by everyone. Just keep doing what you're doing and ignore people who make fun of you. It's not worth the time the think about them.
Hey thanks for the advice i am actually passed that, right now i am focusing on getting reinstated. I am really stressing right now because i really want to get reinstated this fall. Just like you said i am just focusing on studying right now and ignoring what people say. You may not have the answer to this question but what do you think my chances of reinstatement are?? i personally believe going from 1 and 2s all the way to a 10 and 9 is really fast improvement, plus i have also been volunteering at a chiropractic clinic averaging 25 hours a week and keeping up with summer school. I want to prove to them that i can manage school even with working/volunteering and with just a right push i can succeed. If you don't know the answer it is okay but i am glad that you replied and the advice is really helpful.
Thanks again
Old 04-11-2016 at 06:15 PM   #5
Starships2

Liked: 3 Times

Super late response but hope everything worked out for you!
Old 04-15-2016
freaksNgeeks
This message has been removed by a moderator. .