reinstatement gongshow Academics 45 06-27-2010 03:39 PM
reinstatement gongshow Academics 8 06-08-2010 11:44 AM

Reinstatement

Old 05-27-2016 at 05:09 PM   #1
malekzm

Liked: 0 Times

Reinstatement
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can give me advice regarding how to get reinstated.
in first year I was told that I may not continue at university due my low GPA.i failed four courses so I took a year off and took 4 athabasca courses.
one of the courses I took at athabasca I failed(i am retaking it), but the other three courses are B and As.
is there any chance for me to get in?
in first year when i was at mac the main reason was due to distracting group of friends which im no longer friends with. i know that i cant just blame them but i was wondering if i should include this as part of my reinstatement.

any advice would be appreciated.
Old 05-27-2016 at 05:51 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Well, you have to include the reason why you did poorly to get kicked out initially, and the steps you are taking to address it so that it doesn't happen again. You should also have a good reason for failing the Athabasca course because it really doesn't look good that you failed it.

There's no magic formula where if you do x, y, z you'll get reinstated. You just have to do the application and hope that they accept your reasons for doing poorly and that you have convinced them you will do better if given another chance.
Old 05-27-2016 at 08:33 PM   #3
malekzm

Liked: 0 Times

Math is my weekness, and I honestly worked hard for it.still dont know why I failed. Im retaking it to show them im not giving up.
Old 05-30-2016 at 05:41 PM   #4
Starships2

Liked: 3 Times

Although you failed the AU course, the other 3 are good indicators that you're ready to come back. They look for growth in your letter so make sure you focus more on your ambitions, future goals and how you've learned from past mistakes rather than create excuses as to why your GPA was so low. PM me if you need more help with your letter or have questions regarding the process.

Good luck!