Reinstatement one_timer Introduce Yourself 7 01-06-2017 02:36 AM
reinstatement Johnny162 Academics 25 07-28-2011 09:48 AM
reinstatement gongshow Academics 45 06-27-2010 03:39 PM

reinstatement

Old 05-13-2017 at 06:14 AM   #1
menaaa

Liked: 0 Times

reinstatement
I am in first year btech and did really bad in my academics. I just got an email saying i cant continue university. Can someone please read this letter and tell me what are my chances to get reinstate at mac?And do we have to give something else with letter or this is enough? Is there anyone else who got reinstated after first year. Thanks in advance

I am writing to appeal my academic dismissal based on some extenuating circumstances, which led to my poor academic performance. I am requesting reinstatement at this time because I just received these results in June after receiving my last exam marks. I also believed that my improved summer school marks would have been included in my cumulative average, and I would not be in this situation. I admit, I had a very difficult time this last year, and my grades suffered as a result. This is my own fault and i take full responsibility but I have important reasons for my academic performance and would like to explain my special circumstances surrounding this.

This last year I was going through a lot my father who suffered from liver cancer was admitted to hospital. He required an immediate liver transplant. He was in the donor list for very long period but he needed that liver surgery immediately therefore I searched about liver donation. From my search i got to know that a human being can live with 30% of the liver and liver is the organ which can grow easily in young adult. I also saw many stories of people donating their organs to their loved ones. As I was young and I knew my liver will grow back to its normal size. Therefore I decided to donate 70% of my liver to my dad. After the surgery my dad was told that he doesn't have cancer anymore and my liver grew back to normal within few months. But pre-surgical, surgical and post-surgical examination took many months. All those doctor’s appointments led to poor performance in my academics.

Where this surgery caused poor performance in academics this surgery also effect me very positively it made me realize how bio and technology can help to save a person’s life. This surgery motivate me to do better in this program. I am willing to do good and get my life back to track. For doing so i need a chance to prove myself therefore I am requesting for reinstatement in Bio technology program. So I not only make myself proud but also use this degree to help other people like me and my father.

Now I am active and healthy. I am taking part in many activities including soccer and swimming. I always had stable marks in my high school and did good in most academic activities . As my dad is doing good and my liver is grew back to the normal size I am ready to go back to normal. I can show this improvement in summer school and next year. Please understand my situation has been resolved and I have it under full control. And I am very excited and eager to continue my studies.

I ensure there will be nothing that can effect me next year. I will work my hardest upon reinstatement and prove that this experience helped me grow stronger and will make McMaster proud to have me as a student.

Last edited by menaaa : 05-13-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-13-2017 at 02:53 PM   #2
old guy

Liked: 5 Times

Shorten to:

"I did badly because my father had liver cancer and I had to have an operation to donate 70% of my liver to him."

If it's true you'll be okay. As long as you can go in and show them your scar and the medical records. Personally I find your story patently unbelievable. I'm sorry, but I think that if you had really had an operation to donate your liver to save your father's life, I think you would have told your profs about it and they would have happily made very generous accommodations for you.
Old 05-13-2017 at 03:36 PM   #3
menaaa

Hey thanks for your response. I don't like to talk about this to anyone (mainly because I am socially awkward ) but I have requested for medical letter but as I am no longer a donor it's hard to get those documents I have letters of my appointments and where do I show my scar? And I told my prof that I have a liver problem but I didn't tell them that I am donating my liver to my dad

Last edited by menaaa : 05-13-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-01-2017 at 07:43 PM   #4
n_0h

Thank you for doing that for your dad. I hope you get reinstated.
Try to fix grammatical and punctuation errors in your letter.