reinstatement vdelz Academics 37 08-20-2010 06:56 PM
reinstatement gongshow Academics 4 07-10-2010 11:34 AM
reinstatement gongshow Academics 8 06-08-2010 11:44 AM

reinstatement

Old 06-29-2011 at 11:40 PM   #1
Johnny162

Liked: 16 Times

reinstatement
Tomorrow is the last day reinstatement applications will be accepted. Did anyone apply? If you did, how are you feeling about it? anyone know how long it takes to here a decision?
Old 06-30-2011 at 06:14 AM   #2
gongshow

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny162 View Post
Tomorrow is the last day reinstatement applications will be accepted. Did anyone apply? If you did, how are you feeling about it? anyone know how long it takes to here a decision?
Two weeks. I tried couple times before and that was the pattern.
Old 06-30-2011 at 09:57 AM   #3
AnythingReally

Liked: 8 Times

'Sup.

Was kicked out last year (my first year) and I applied for reinstatement into the Science faculty for the following Fall term but was denied. It's been a tough year but I've managed to complete two courses while working full time. This year I applied I believe on the 17th of June, as opposed to the last day last year. Still should have applied earlier, though. Applied to Social Sciences, Biotech (thanks to gongshow), and of course Sciences again. I doubt they even had a chance to read my letter last year. I had pretty good reasons and they would have been resolved in the coming school year. I'm just hoping one of the faculties can read the letter and if they still have space and I successfully complete my current course on time (send transcript later), I'm pretty sure they will accept me.

What about you, did you have extenuating circumstances and which faculties did you apply to?
Old 07-02-2011 at 07:11 PM   #4
john113267

Liked: 0 Times

hey.

i applied as well. i got kicked out of first year eng last year and applied for reinstatement- got rejected. this year after completing 6 courses (only have the final grades for 5 so far) and working full time (only in retail..nothing related to the field) i'm hoping to get reinstated to the science faculty. the advisors told me it was best to apply to less programs so i applied to 2 similar programs only. i'm feeling okay although i only got a b average in the courses i did so far.. not sure if that's good enough
Old 07-03-2011 at 11:41 AM   #5
Johnny162

I finished my second year with a CA of 3.1, only 0.4 below the requirement to stay at MAC. well, i shouldn't say ONLY like its a good thing. i am really disappointed with how my things have been going. there has been a lot going on in my family life these past years that i couldn't put much as much time as i should have into school. I have applied to be reinstated to Science, and as i have over 24 units, i was hoping they could put me into level 2. however they said in the info that reinstatement into level 2 is unlikely, so I asked for level one as well. My main concern is coming back, one way or another. I really don't know what i will do if i am rejected. Here's hoping anyways, nothing to do but wait now.
Old 07-03-2011 at 11:56 AM   #6
gongshow

Liked: 9 Times

I hope reinstatement verdict for all the applicants this year is positive ones. Good luck everyone.

AnythingReally says thanks to gongshow for this post.
Old 07-20-2011 at 10:53 PM   #7
Johnny162

Any news yet anyone?? Times a tickin......
Old 07-21-2011 at 12:52 AM   #8
Om Nom

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
I finished my second year with a CA of 3.1, only 0.4 below the requirement to stay at MAC...
The required GPA to stay at MAC is 3.0, not 3.5, unless you were already placed on probation.

leafy says thanks to Om Nom for this post.

leafy likes this.
Old 07-21-2011 at 02:00 PM   #9
TheRock

Quote:
Any news yet anyone?? Times a tickin......
I got mine, but I didn't get any e-mail or letter. I just went to Solar and was able to register. I was blocked before.

AnythingReally says thanks to TheRock for this post.
Old 07-21-2011 at 02:51 PM   #10
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

Glad to hear that Dwayne! Hope your marks are better this next upcoming school year.

Ish001 likes this.
Old 07-21-2011 at 06:44 PM   #11
Johnny162

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
I got mine, but I didn't get any e-mail or letter. I just went to Solar and was able to register. I was blocked before.

when did yours come through?
Old 07-21-2011 at 08:15 PM   #12
AnythingReally

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just checked out SOLAR as well and I've also been reinstated, but to BTECH Level 1. I have 24 units of credit so I'm hoping I can also receive reinstatement to Sciences or Economics Level II. I'm still extremely happy I can go back to school!

This is what it says:
You are eligible to register in the following programme(s)
  • Review each option
  • Select programme you wish to register in
  • If the programme you wish to register in is not listed below, contact your Faculty or Programme Office before starting to register
And it only lists BTECH 1.

gmoney, TheRock like this.
Old 07-22-2011 at 02:55 PM   #13
Johnny162

Congrats to both of you guys...so far i havent heard anything. I emailed the faculty today and they replied saying that are in the process of deciding on everyone, depending on where in the pile you are. i got my application in a couple days after AnythingReally, so im still hoping!
Old 07-22-2011 at 09:40 PM   #14
TheRock

Quote:
when did yours come through?
I was able to access SOLAR on July 15th, and I actually just received a letter in the mail earlier today, confirming my reinstatement. I was also at Mac today and one of the counsellors told me that they just started sending out the letters, so some people haven't received them yet. Good luck man, hope you get yours soon.
Old 07-24-2011 at 04:18 PM   #15
saigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnythingReally View Post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just checked out SOLAR as well and I've also been reinstated, but to BTECH Level 1. I have 24 units of credit so I'm hoping I can also receive reinstatement to Sciences or Economics Level II. I'm still extremely happy I can go back to school!

This is what it says:
You are eligible to register in the following programme(s)
  • Review each option
  • Select programme you wish to register in
  • If the programme you wish to register in is not listed below, contact your Faculty or Programme Office before starting to register
And it only lists BTECH 1.
when did you apply for reinstatement?