Letter of permission shannon.d Academics 0 05-31-2010 10:14 AM
Letter of Permission (Eng) cowcow Academics 3 04-24-2010 03:42 PM
reinstatement letter ali999 Academics 2 06-04-2009 10:26 AM

Reinstatement Letter

Old 06-14-2011 at 11:00 AM   #1
hellomac

Liked: 0 Times

Reinstatement Letter
How long should my reinstatement letter be?
And how should I start it?
What kind of things should I include?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-14-2011 at 11:45 AM   #2
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

If you require a cookie-cutter template and can't do it on your own, then you don't deserve back in.

gj

Old 06-14-2011 at 12:02 PM   #3
gongshow

Liked: 9 Times

When I wrote reinstatement letter, it was 1.5 pages long. But I wrote everything I needed in there.
I had four paragraphs in there, each paragraph making my points.

These are what I wrote about in each of my paragraph. And I compared those qualities while i was at mac before and when I was at mohawk college to upgrade my academic skills. While I failed at mac, I had 'A' grade at Mohawk. So in each paragraph, i explained my mindset, my attendance, my time management skills and my sense of goal going into each school.

1) my mindset going into school - i had no desire to succeed at mac, while i had strong desire to succeed at mohawk.

2) my attendance - my attendance toward the end of semester at mac was bad, while i held perfect attendance at mohawk.

3) my time management skill - i had poor management of time and spent alot of time with people in residence while i spent time commuting to mohawk to study as well

4) Goal - i didnt know what i wanted to do become while studying at mac, but i had huge goal to become biotechnologist.

These are what I wrote about in each of my paragraph. And I compared those qualities while i was at mac before and when I was at mohawk college to upgrade my academic skills. While I failed at mac, I had 'A' grade at Mohawk. So in each paragraph, i explained my mindset, my attendance, my time management skills and my sense of goal going into each school. I made my strong point by writing this. I emphasized that four qualities upgraded and that it translated into better results.
Old 06-15-2011 at 12:07 AM   #4
GollyHolly

Liked: 0 Times

They must end up readings lots of these, so please be specific and get to the point. You don't want to piss them off by writing too much and not being clear.

Do mention:
- The intention of your letter (reinstatement, obviously!)
- What went wrong
- How you intend to fix your mistakes (upgrading courses? volunteer work? changing program? talked to an academic advisor?)
- Don't blame anyone else for your mistakes. Let them know that you are aware that you screwed up and that you're willing to accept that and willing to fix things.
- And thank them for considering you

Your letter MUST be structured. Don't write a chronological account of what went wrong. Have someone really smart proof-read it for you.