MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for a part time or full time job killza Volunteering Opportunities 1 06-24-2010 02:05 PM
It's that time of year again: Daylight Savings Time! manu MacInsiders Announcements 5 03-14-2010 03:47 AM
am i full time or part time????? macculkin General Discussion 9 09-14-2009 10:09 PM
Reinstatement response time ali999 Academics 1 06-24-2009 09:41 AM
HSR bus pass -full time /part time student macculkin General Discussion 9 04-20-2009 06:45 PM

Reinstatement second time

Old 07-21-2010 at 03:06 PM   #1
samualsaati

Liked: 0 Times

Reinstatement second time
Hey guys just a question, unfortunately I was kicked out of university twice due to some personal reasons which is really disappointing. This time I am hoping to get reinstated for the second time and straighten up as everything is in the past. I have now been outside of school for a year and finished 2 course at Athbasca university these courses are repeated because I had failed these courses at Mcmaster University. i was hoping if anyone knew weather my chances are very slim or not to get back in since this is my second time. I already did apply no reply yet.
Old 07-22-2010 at 02:05 PM   #2
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Probably pretty bad, since you showed them twice already you couldn't handle it (for whatever reason).

Try, though, but consider reapplying as a first year and another university all together.
Old 07-22-2010 at 10:51 PM   #3
samualsaati

Liked: 0 Times

Yaa it does make sense, well I am still waiting for a reply, I did however applied for social science and science and I see that I have been rejected by social science. Keeping my fingers crossed. Do you know anyone who applied for the second time and got rejected or accepted ?
Old 07-23-2010 at 01:38 AM   #4
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Getting kicked out again after having been reinstated is really bad. I think the school might take that as an insult (as if you tricked them into thinking you've changed for the better).

If you want to get back into McMaster I think you may have to wait at least a few years before they'll consider you again.

Have you looked at other schools? (i.e. Ryerson, Guelph.etc)

I think you're better off looking elsewhere for the time being. Sorry :(
Old 07-23-2010 at 12:07 PM   #5
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

I agree that you're better off just trying to get into another University all together. It sucks if you really wanted to do your degree at McMaster but after showing them twice you can't handle it I doubt you'll be given another chance. Honestly they'd be foolish to give you another chance when there's lots of people who haven't messed it up twice who'd like to get in. That's the reality.

Maybe a fresh start elsewhere is what you need.
Old 07-23-2010 at 12:29 PM   #6
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Also, depending on what you want to do, college is another idea, if you can't find another university.