MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Requisite failed???? yanj24 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 06-28-2010 07:43 PM
Failed Requisite Results in Solar Boom First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-27-2010 10:21 PM
Requisite Requirements Failed? Why.. Freak705 Academics 10 06-14-2010 11:00 AM
SOLAR - Failed Requisite Results jachill Academics 7 03-28-2009 10:00 AM
Requisite failed? sycoman Academics 1 03-10-2009 07:07 AM

Requisite failed

Old 06-14-2011 at 01:03 AM   #1
Sheikia

Liked: 15 Times

Requisite failed
I got a requisite results failed for Origins 2B03. Why? I'm registered in the Origins Specialization. That is all the undergraduate calendar says I need for prerequisites.

Also, I cannot get into Origins 2LU3 because it is full, but it is required for my degree.

Any help?
Old 06-14-2011 at 01:08 AM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikia View Post
I got a requisite results failed for Origins 2B03. Why? I'm registered in the Origins Specialization. That is all the undergraduate calendar says I need for prerequisites.

Also, I cannot get into Origins 2LU3 because it is full, but it is required for my degree.

Any help?
You'll probably have to email an academic advisor to see where the problem is and fix it so that you can register asap.
Old 06-14-2011 at 01:13 AM   #3
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
You'll probably have to email an academic advisor to see where the problem is and fix it so that you can register asap.

I also got the requisite failed message. Is there a specific person I should be emailing about these issues? Also, I needed to take math1lt3, but I'm heading into second year so the course appears as full for me. Would I also have to talk to the academic advisor about that?
Old 06-14-2011 at 01:18 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angoose View Post
I also got the requisite failed message. Is there a specific person I should be emailing about these issues? Also, I needed to take math1lt3, but I'm heading into second year so the course appears as full for me. Would I also have to talk to the academic advisor about that?
The academic advisors I believe and yes, although they might tell you to try again in August.
Old 06-14-2011 at 01:38 AM   #5
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
The academic advisors I believe and yes, although they might tell you to try again in August.
Wow, my schedule is a mess right now, though. I'm missing three courses and they're all prerequisites for pharmacy. The other courses that I got weren't open for the sections I had made in my timetable, but hopefully everything fits together LOL.
Old 06-14-2011 at 07:08 AM   #6
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

on a similar but different note....

sara since ur in physio u might know this.... but lets say i was only able to get into 4 of my required courses, bio 2a03, 2f03, chem 2oa3, and chem 2ob3... and also bio 2c03(but wrong term)... now my other required courses are form the physio list so stats, a kin psych and bio 2l03..... will they create a spot for me in these?

also how soon should one email theacademic advisor about missing the required courses, should i wait it out for a couple days and see if anything opens up or email now?...and if so who would that be for bio?

thanks
~c
Old 06-14-2011 at 07:33 AM   #7
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

weird i signed up for 2 3rd year origins courses and it said i passed the pre req. Now looking at the undegraduate calendar it shouldn't have said I passed since i have neither permission or registration in origins.

I think I'm going to let it slide....

camais, Chevalier, Sheikia like this.
Old 06-14-2011 at 08:00 AM   #8
EthanG

Liked: 0 Times

Hey Tara, I'm having the same problem! (Hooray for origins! So far the program is doing a great job of making me wanna stay). But yeah, instead of origins 2b03, i added astronomy 2b03 which im pretty sure is the exact same course. Solar let me get into that one. But I'm still stuck regarding origins 2lu3.
I also need to take astronomy 1f03 and one of the 4 math courses, plus a bunch of other life sci courses that are also mandatory for the program, but everything is full!
Old 06-14-2011 at 08:03 AM   #9
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

there is no such thing as astronomy 2b03.......

If you are referring to science 2b03 then yes same thing as origins 2b03 however if you are majoring in the origins field you should take origins 2b03. Same course different name.
Old 06-14-2011 at 08:12 AM   #10
Sheikia

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanG View Post
Hey Tara, I'm having the same problem! (Hooray for origins! So far the program is doing a great job of making me wanna stay). But yeah, instead of origins 2b03, i added astronomy 2b03 which im pretty sure is the exact same course. Solar let me get into that one. But I'm still stuck regarding origins 2lu3.
I also need to take astronomy 1f03 and one of the 4 math courses, plus a bunch of other life sci courses that are also mandatory for the program, but everything is full!

Origins buddies! Which honours program are you combining with? Biology I'm guessing?
I think it's important to add Origins 2B03 instead of Astron 2B03. I realize it is the same course but I think there may be some administrative thing there that is important. I e-mailed Dr. Stone and he CC'd me to the course admin who will work to get me in as well as into 2LU3. I suggest you do the same.

I took astron 1F03 last year. It is a ***** to get into because everyone wants to take it as an elective. I would e-mail Dr. Wadsley (I'm assuming he's teaching it again this year) to try to get into that. They should let you in because you're in origins. btw. If you do get into this course and want some advice on it PM me

Also Math 1B03 is a ***** to get into too. Good luck with that if that's what you are trying to do
Old 06-14-2011 at 08:13 AM   #11
Chevalier
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
there is no such thing as astronomy 2b03.......

If you are referring to science 2b03 then yes same thing as origins 2b03 however if you are majoring in the origins field you should take origins 2b03. Same course different name.

actually there is astron 2b03...its called big questions, not sure if its related to the origins one or not... i also picked astron 2b03 as an elective simply cus there was nothing else really to pick
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...12/pg1891.html

MCHEDDENITE likes this.
Old 06-14-2011 at 08:18 AM   #12
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
actually there is astron 2b03...its called big questions, not sure if its related to the origins one or not... i also picked astron 2b03 as an elective simply cus there was nothing else really to pick
I believe they're cross-referenced courses. I don't think Astronomy 2B03 was there last year... I think it used to be Science 2B03. I could be wrong.
Old 06-14-2011 at 08:27 AM   #13
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post

god damn science department messing with things.
Old 06-14-2011 at 08:35 AM   #14
Chevalier
Elite Member

hey the sicence department has one undergrad advisor right, kathy something...and there are also "councillors" for the diff majors in the departments...so if we had a question concerning not being able to get into one of the required courses in our major which one would we contact?
Old 06-14-2011 at 08:35 AM   #15
Sheikia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmountain View Post
I believe they're cross-referenced courses. I don't think Astronomy 2B03 was there last year... I think it used to be Science 2B03. I could be wrong.
Ya ASTRON 2B03 and ORIGINS 2B03 are the same. SCIENCE 2B03 doesn't exist anymore.