MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Waiting list :( jchoi92 Residence & Housing 192 08-30-2010 04:02 PM
Course waiting list SaphireFire Academics 2 08-12-2010 11:40 PM
CA waiting list pawmiii Residence & Housing 2 08-04-2010 11:26 AM
Waiting List ? Demonoid12 General Discussion 0 05-11-2009 05:05 PM
HELP! - im on the waiting list for rez! futuremac Residence & Housing 21 07-18-2008 11:16 PM

Res Waiting List! Help

Old 08-01-2013 at 01:36 PM   #1
Sam18

Liked: 0 Times

Res Waiting List! Help
Hey guys! I'm on the waiting list for res unfortunately and my number is 92. I know that's really high at this point. I've looked at a few off-campus houses but I really want to stay on res! Do you guys think there is a possibility i'll get in at some point in September? Thanks! :)
Old 08-01-2013 at 01:40 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

It may be possible, but maybe not in September. It could be a possibility depending on how many people take themselves off the waiting list and how many poeple leave residence within the first few weeks of school. I would focus on trying to find a place to live at least for the couple of months or even all of first term just in case.
Old 08-02-2013 at 11:20 PM   #3
CeceV
Red Suit
Engineering Frosh Controller

Liked: 0 Times

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to agree with Sara here. Doesn't look like you have great odds at getting into res, so I'd start looking more into off campus housing (maybe do a few house tours etc) You can check the mcmaster off campus housing website here!
Old 08-06-2013 at 04:35 PM   #4
Cpl. Saint

Liked: 1 Time

Hey Sam,

I got wait listed in first year and was much higher on the list and didn't get it. I would not count on it. I had to look for a house 2 weeks before sch and the house available then did not look pretty (I was lucky). If I were you I'd look for houses now. My landlord owns a couple of houses so feel free to PM if you need a look around. Good luck in finding a place
Old 08-07-2013 at 04:30 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Also, check out the Macinsiders marketplace. Plenty of empty spots! http://www.macinsiders.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19 6
Old 08-07-2013 at 06:45 PM   #6
sarahbenji

Liked: 1 Time

I know last year the school admitted way too many students to res, and as a result ended giving out money to students who decided to withdraw from res and live off campus. that being said you can definitely find a place off campus in late august, sometimes even for a better price rent wise.