MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Check this out blackdragon Computers & Tech 17 08-13-2010 10:45 PM
Residence Wish list Undergrads Fall 2010 RyanK Residence & Housing 4 04-27-2010 11:14 PM
How Do I Check My Residence Status? MarissaK Residence & Housing 6 07-26-2009 01:18 AM
Mcmaster Residence Waiting List dobbz123 General Discussion 10 08-08-2008 03:36 PM

Residence Check List

Old 08-11-2010 at 09:15 AM   #15
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.RUMBLE View Post
Oh also if you bring your own computer chair where do you put the one that is provided for you? and can you get a laptop lock from the computer store on campus?
I would keep the other chair in my room, but be forewarned that most rooms have very limited space so you might not be able to keep two chairs.

You could probably buy a laptop lock from Mac Micro (the computer store), but I've personally never needed one. As long as you keep your room locked all the time and never leave your laptop abandoned outside of your room, it shouldn't get stolen.

Old 08-13-2010 at 09:41 AM   #16
Zuchowski

Liked: 1 Time
lol damm i need to bring my own toliet paper for an attached washroom.. :'(

Old 08-14-2010 at 08:31 PM   #17
LittleLady17

Liked: 0 Times
Can't we put the mac res chair in the basement or a closet ? lool

Old 08-14-2010 at 08:41 PM   #18
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLady17 View Post
You can put it in your own closet if it fits, but it's still going to take up space that you might need. You want to put it somewhere where it can't get stolen because you would have to pay for it if it goes missing.

Old 08-14-2010 at 09:24 PM   #19
qwerty!

Liked: 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLady17 View Post
If you don't want/need it, it's best to ask housing to pick it up. If you put it in the basement you'll never see it again and it'll just take up your entire closet space.

Old 08-14-2010 at 11:00 PM   #20
kritters91

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty! View Post
If you don't want/need it, it's best to ask housing to pick it up. If you put it in the basement you'll never see it again and it'll just take up your entire closet space.
Or you could have your parents take it home and bring it back at the end of the year!

Old 08-14-2010 at 11:07 PM   #21
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritters91 View Post
Or you could have your parents take it home and bring it back at the end of the year!
Just beware because there are cameras and they could think you are stealing. Also, you'll want to do this after welcome week...

Old 08-14-2010 at 11:57 PM   #22
qwerty!

Liked: 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kritters91 View Post
A chair for a chair doesn't work here...

Old 08-16-2010 at 03:04 PM   #23
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times
Hey is there a place to keep suitcases somewhere? possibly in the basement storage or something ?

Old 08-16-2010 at 03:08 PM   #24
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.p92 View Post
Hey is there a place to keep suitcases somewhere? possibly in the basement storage or something ?
Under the bed? For most residences, I don't think you really have storage space to put stuff outside of your room (with Keyes and Bates being the exception, since you could theoretically store stuff anywhere in the suite/apartment). I've never heard of people storing things in the basements, although that could have just been my building...

I brought stuff in cardboard boxes, and then I gave my parents some to bring back home, stacked a bunch on top of the dresser thingy (a suitcase would probably fit there as well, depending what res you're in), and used one of them as a table for my clock beside my bed.

Old 08-16-2010 at 03:12 PM   #25
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by david.p92 View Post
You shouldn't leave anything you own in public areas like the basement. Under your bed (if there is space) or in your closet is the best place.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search