MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Residence Move-In Dates Finalized! jhan523 MacInsiders Announcements 14 09-04-2010 07:11 PM
First year move-in dates Olivia. Residence & Housing 3 07-01-2010 02:31 PM
Specific Move-In Dates Emailed manu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-22-2009 01:43 PM
residence move in dates joannasmith First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-14-2009 12:29 PM

Residence Move-In Dates and Times 2009

Old 08-22-2009 at 10:53 PM   #30
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Biology and Pharmacology
Year: Fifth
Residence: Keyes

Liked: 624 Times
You're welcome! Glad I can help!

Hahahah, I'm pretty sure it'll be the other way around! Can't wait to meet you all!

PS- come to the MI meeting on Sept 19, not finalized yet, but we're definitely having a get-together of some sort!

Melanieee says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 08-22-2009 at 11:18 PM   #31
nciggle
Program: Arts & Science
Year: Second

Liked: 11 Times
Is the MSU swag bag, going to be given out during move in days? I still can't believe some people have started packing already. I don't think I have all my stuff yet lol. I guess the last minute packing comes with going away to summer camp for years.

Noah Ciglen
Honours Arts&Science II
Old 08-22-2009 at 11:26 PM   #32
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

The MSU swag bag is given out during the first week or so of the year, not sure exactly what the dates are this year, Can anyone confirm this?

I haven't started packing yet either XD, I still have a ton of stuff to buy too! :(
Old 08-22-2009 at 11:27 PM   #33
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Biochemistry & Biomedical Sciences
Year: Masters
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 453 Times
well some people are moving in tomm so packing is necessary, on that note, back to packing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nciggle View Post
Is the MSU swag bag, going to be given out during move in days? I still can't believe some people have started packing already. I don't think I have all my stuff yet lol. I guess the last minute packing comes with going away to summer camp for years.
I'm almost certain I got it on the day I moved in last year.

~*Sara*~ says thanks to Tailsnake for this post.
Old 08-23-2009
Afzal
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-23-2009 at 02:33 AM   #34
HG88
Faculty: Social Science
Year: First

Liked: 0 Times
So do we have the option of moving ourselves in? Its not that I dont trust them with my belongings, its just that I can full well move myself in. I'll only have a few bags, a guitar, my laptop, clothes. So really it will only take me like 2-5 trips, which doesnt bother me. Also my family will be helping me move the stuff so more like 1-2 trips. To recap haha, am I allowed to move myself in providing i attein my keys first?
Old 08-23-2009 at 06:03 AM   #35
Afzal
Android Dev
Program: Computer Science
Year: Alumni
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 416 Times
I read that classes begin on 10th sept, but welcome week's not over till 13th. So classes will start during the welcome week???
Old 08-23-2009 at 06:58 AM   #36
ferreinm
Elite Member
Program: Philosophy
Year: Fourth
Residence: WHIDDEN HALL

Liked: 120 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HG88 View Post
So do we have the option of moving ourselves in? Its not that I dont trust them with my belongings, its just that I can full well move myself in. I'll only have a few bags, a guitar, my laptop, clothes. So really it will only take me like 2-5 trips, which doesnt bother me. Also my family will be helping me move the stuff so more like 1-2 trips. To recap haha, am I allowed to move myself in providing i attein my keys first?
Having other people help you allows for the traffic to go through so that the line isn't being held up. They simple take it to your door. You'll probably have to carry your guitar with you though. If everyone stopped their car to take 1-2 trips it would be a lot crazier. Seriously, as you get out of the car, your stuff will be on it's way to your room without you even realizing it. It's a really efficient system. During Welcome Week the IRC helps with the traffic and parking and usually it goes by really fast.
Old 08-23-2009 at 09:44 AM   #37
chico
Faculty: Science

I'm not sure if someone already asked this but it is possible to move in after your designated date like on Sept 7. And if so do i register in the lobby and get my keys? or is it somewhere else??
Old 08-23-2009 at 10:17 AM   #38
u.yousaf
Program: Molecular Biology and Genetics
Year: Second
Residence: Bates '08/'09, SOCS '09/'10

Liked: 39 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chico View Post
I'm not sure if someone already asked this but it is possible to move in after your designated date like on Sept 7. And if so do i register in the lobby and get my keys? or is it somewhere else??
You should be find moving in around the 7th.

"Although it is possible to move-in after your specified date/time, students are not permitted to move in prior to their designated move-in date/time. Please review the chart carefully. "

"Moving in late? Students planning to arrive after Friday, September 11th must notify us by submitting a Late arrival form."

chico says thanks to u.yousaf for this post.
Old 08-23-2009 at 11:52 AM   #39
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Honours Molecular Biology and Genetics
Residence: Edwards 08-09, SOCS 09-12

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
I read that classes begin on 10th sept, but welcome week's not over till 13th. So classes will start during the welcome week???
Yes, classes will start during welcome week. It's only Thursday and Friday though, so classes won't be intense or anything. It'll most likely be only course outlines.

Afzal likes this.
Old 08-23-2009 at 12:31 PM   #40
Clannad
Faculty: Business / Commerce

im planning to bring a laser printer and mini fridge... should i bring them in their original boxes (which are pretty big)? or should i just label the product itself?
Old 08-23-2009 at 12:36 PM   #41
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Honours Molecular Biology and Genetics
Residence: Edwards 08-09, SOCS 09-12

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clannad View Post
im planning to bring a laser printer and mini fridge... should i bring them in their original boxes (which are pretty big)? or should i just label the product itself?
I would suggest putting the laser printer in a box with all the cables and whatnot. It's just for organization purposes and making sure you don't lose the cables (that would suck).

As for the mini fridge, if the box has handles then that would make it A LOT easier for the reps to move it to your room.
Old 08-23-2009 at 03:25 PM   #42
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Hey guys, please keep the residence move-in talk here: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...6 7#post84567

This thread is just about move-in times and dates

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search