MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TA Wait List Smithd37 Academics 3 05-18-2011 05:49 PM
Residence Check List jhan523 MacInsiders Announcements 25 08-16-2010 03:12 PM
Wait list number sonic Residence & Housing 1 08-13-2010 05:54 PM
Wait list for courses?? jamiebenyovi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 07-03-2010 10:32 PM
Wait list! surena Residence & Housing 12 05-05-2009 06:02 PM

Residence Wait List

Old 06-27-2011 at 02:40 PM   #1
jessicalynn

Liked: 7 Times

Residence Wait List
Hey guys!

So a friend of mine is coming to mac in september and her average was a 78.5, so she was not guaranteed residence because apparently you need a 79. She e-mailed the housing office and they said they aren't doing a wait-list this year. Does anyone have any idea what that means? Does that mean she has zero chance of getting into residence? She just needs to know so that she can make off-campus arrangements if that's the case.

Such a bummer
Old 06-27-2011 at 03:03 PM   #2
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

They accepted 10% extra students this year (I have heared that not sure if its true) so they filled rez to the max and they wont do ANY waiting list.

So no she has no chance to get into rez. Sorry.
She can try west village http://www.westvillagesuites .ca/ its a bit like rez ?

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 06-27-2011 at 03:10 PM   #3
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times

http://www.binkleyhallsuites .com/home.php

this is a good off campus housing. similar to a rez experience and located only a few minutes (5- 6mins) away from campus!
Old 06-27-2011 at 04:14 PM   #4
Nathanma

Look on the bright side, you will have somewhere to go off campus if you want to hang out at night, also your friend will save alot of money on food and housing. There is also lots of housing available that is only 5-15minute walk from campus.
Old 06-27-2011 at 04:37 PM   #5
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Your friend should have gotten an email stating there will be no waiting list for people not guaranteed res. They didn't even have enough spots for all of the people guaranteed res, so they're trying to figure out what to do for those kids who are in limbo right now. Anyone not guaranteed res has been advised to look for off-campus housing.
Old 06-27-2011 at 05:33 PM   #6
5hahv1r1

Liked: 0 Times

I actually have a friend who finished with an 81% but still was not given a spot in "Guaranteed" Residence. I guess they had a lot more kids than they anticipated. There is a lot of off-campus options though.
Old 06-27-2011 at 09:17 PM   #7
akmac

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalynn View Post
Hey guys!

So a friend of mine is coming to mac in september and her average was a 78.5, so she was not guaranteed residence because apparently you need a 79. She e-mailed the housing office and they said they aren't doing a wait-list this year. Does anyone have any idea what that means? Does that mean she has zero chance of getting into residence? She just needs to know so that she can make off-campus arrangements if that's the case.

Such a bummer
Don't be too bummed. Remember, almost everyone is kicked out next year anyway so you have the edge of experience Make the best of it. ((house partyyy))
Old 06-27-2011 at 09:39 PM   #8
usahockey

Liked: 4 Times

Since there's no waiting list this year, my friend and I got into a double together however, he is now getting an apartment with his girlfriend because she didn't get into residence so what will happen to my living arrangement if there is no waiting list ?? :s
Old 06-27-2011 at 09:42 PM   #9
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey View Post
Since there's no waiting list this year, my friend and I got into a double together however, he is now getting an apartment with his girlfriend because she didn't get into residence so what will happen to my living arrangement if there is no waiting list ?? :s
One of the kids guaranteed res who didn't get a spot will take your friend's place. There's no waiting list for kids not guaranteed res, because there's still a whole bunch that were guaranteed but didn't get a spot.
Old 06-27-2011 at 09:43 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey View Post
If you are already in the room then you'll just get another roommate. The reason there is no waiting list is because housing has to house all the students with "guaranteed" residence.
Old 06-27-2011
111dalewood
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 06-27-2011 at 10:29 PM   #11
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

why is this happening? more people want to come to mac now?
Old 06-28-2011 at 01:53 PM   #12
jessicalynn

Thanks guys! I'm getting her to look into the west village suites. Mght be an experience similar to res or something, so she can kind of get the first year experience. I did res last year for my first year and I'm off campus now, and I just know how fun it was for me, so I'm sad for her. :( Sucks that mac doesn't have their stuff together, though!
Old 06-28-2011 at 03:08 PM   #13
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
why is this happening? more people want to come to mac now?
More people accepted their offers than Mac expected, or so I've heard.
Old 06-28-2011 at 03:39 PM   #14
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
They accepted 10% extra students this year (I have heared that not sure if its true) so they filled rez to the max and they wont do ANY waiting list.

So no she has no chance to get into rez. Sorry.
All true. Sorry.