MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Humanities Formal 2009 temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 2 11-22-2009 10:25 PM
Residence Concerns (2009) lorend Residence & Housing 368 09-03-2009 09:59 AM
Residence Move-In Dates and Times 2009 niteskie MacInsiders Announcements 42 08-23-2009 03:25 PM
Rez Wide Formal ferreinm MacInsiders Announcements 9 11-18-2008 07:41 PM

Residence-Wide Formal 2009

Old 10-25-2009 at 09:45 PM   #15
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
*raises hand*

lol j/k.

I wish I could go though, I can only really afford to go to one formal, and I usually either hit up the SOCS formal or Formaldehyde.
What's Formaldehyde, Mike?
And I agree; I'd like to put the money toward a winter coat right now because I need it whereas I only want to go for this.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 10-25-2009 at 09:47 PM   #16
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
And I agree; I'd like to put the money toward a winter coat right now because I need it whereas I only want to go for this.
It's the science society formal

temara.brown likes this.

Old 10-25-2009 at 09:48 PM   #17
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
Quote:
something related to chemistry i bet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimoxyel View Post
Afzal, if you don't find anyone in advance, you can always try to find someone special once you get there I met a couple of really fantastic people when I went last year... (But I already had a bf so they were just friends in my case)
hmm...lol, i can find a lot of people i wanna go with, i just can't ask them

question: are u allowed to bring anyone? or only from your res who have paid for the ticket??

I am gonna get a ticket tomorrow anyway

dimoxyel likes this.

Old 10-25-2009 at 09:48 PM   #18
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Unfortunately, every year I seem to have a mishap with glass...namely, someone takes alcohol on the dance floor, drops it, then I get a shard of glass in my leg or hand. ):

Ironically, it's happened regardless of which formal I attended (even when I went to the Kin Semi Formal). It's like a rite of passage.

Oh crap that reminds me...since my g/f is no longer at Mac, and I'm no longer an undergrad, are we still permitted to even attend Formaldehyde?

Old 10-25-2009 at 09:49 PM   #19
dimoxyel
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 7 Times
Quote:
You don't need $40 to get a coat. Pretty sure the one I got last year was more like $15... And it's pretty decent. Just depends on where you shop =) Some of my friends are more squeemish about Value Village than I am. Personally, I've found some great stuff there - and cheap!

So you can get your coat AND come to Rez-Wide!

Old 10-25-2009 at 09:51 PM   #20
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Ooh I wanna go to Formaldehyde too! When's it usually held? Rez-wide formal AND formaldehyde.. so many fun activities, and SO little time.
Formaldehyde is held mid-January. It's the Science formal and is my favouriteee!!! sorry to steal thunder from res formal.. it was lots of fun too and I went to three of those but I've always loved Science!! It's definitely the cheapest formal on campus ($25 a ticket last year) and yet the classiest! It's so cheap that you can't not go to both. I went to formaldehyde in my first year and at that one, there were only three others there in their first years. But, because all the science peeps were amazing I had the best time ever! Mad science love forever! Every other year has had plenty of first years so don't worry!

Last edited by temara.brown : 10-25-2009 at 09:55 PM.

~*Sara*~ likes this.

Old 10-25-2009 at 09:52 PM   #21
dimoxyel
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post

question: are u allowed to bring anyone? or only from your res who have paid for the ticket??

Be brave! You can do it! It's just like pulling off a bandaid - Do it quickly and see what happens! (Trust me, I did this just last weekend. Best to do it in one fell swoop than to beat around the bush)

Yes, you can bring guests, off campus or on! But they can't get the $40 early-bird price (TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY FOR IT, BY THE WAY!!!) They pay the full $45 for their ticket. But yes, just buy them a ticket and fill out their information when you go to buy yours, and you should be all set!

Old 10-25-2009 at 09:53 PM   #22
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
Quote:
Oh crap that reminds me...since my g/f is no longer at Mac, and I'm no longer an undergrad, are we still permitted to even attend Formaldehyde?
I can't speak for certain but I think you could. If you have any problems buying a ticket, just email [email protected]

Old 10-25-2009 at 09:54 PM   #23
dimoxyel
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Unfortunately, every year I seem to have a mishap with glass...namely, someone takes alcohol on the dance floor, drops it, then I get a shard of glass in my leg or hand. ):
Then Rez-Wide is your kind of event, my friend! It's a DRY event - No alcohol! There will be wine/water glasses there, yes, but they will only contain water, so you don't have to worry about glass shards! =) I can assure you, nobody is going to be trying to dance with a water glass. That just looks silly.

Old 10-25-2009 at 09:55 PM   #24
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
*fingers crossed*

I need an excuse to buy a new suit. (:

dimoxyel likes this.

Old 10-25-2009 at 10:14 PM   #25
conradchi

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:

You can bring one guest, but if they're not on rez I believe you'll have to pay $45 even if you buy it before the early bird price ends... but either way, it'll still be AWESOME!

Old 10-25-2009 at 10:51 PM   #26
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
first I am not gonna buy a ticket for another person and secondly, I won't get a person to go with me till tomorrow so I won't be able to fill out their info when I buy one

and dimoxyel, trust me...for me pulling out band-aids in one swoop is nothing

Old 10-26-2009 at 12:05 AM   #27
dimoxyel
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
first I am not gonna buy a ticket for another person and secondly, I won't get a person to go with me till tomorrow so I won't be able to fill out their info when I buy one

Really? I hate pulling bandaids x_x I usually do the slow take-a-bit,-let-it-stop-hurting,-repeat method.

Old 10-26-2009 at 12:07 AM   #28
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times
Quote:

You can buy your guest's ticket after you buy yours. For example, if you buy yours tomorrow and you have chosen to bring someone with you from off-campus/not mac then you can fill out the forms later this week.

Seriously, save some cash and buy your ticket today (Monday) between 5-7 in your residence in the lobby!!!

~*Sara*~ likes this.

Old 10-26-2009 at 10:13 AM   #29
Scrub
Original "G"

Liked: 57 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temara.brown View Post
Formaldehyde is held mid-January. It's the Science formal and is my favouriteee!!! sorry to steal thunder from res formal.. it was lots of fun too and I went to three of those but I've always loved Science!! It's definitely the cheapest formal on campus ($25 a ticket last year) and yet the classiest! It's so cheap that you can't not go to both. I went to formaldehyde in my first year and at that one, there were only three others there in their first years. But, because all the science peeps were amazing I had the best time ever! Mad science love forever! Every other year has had plenty of first years so don't worry!

Yay science Formal!!..I expect to see you there Temara!...and ofcourse all you lovely first years..keep your ears peeeled for the event date!....also rez formal= good times!...go out and enjoy first year all you crazy rez students...GO NOW! haha

temara.brown, ~*Sara*~ like this.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search