MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Resp njd123 Financial Aid 2 08-05-2010 11:54 AM
RESP Forms flash First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-03-2010 03:19 PM
RESP Forms AMano General Discussion 10 07-31-2009 01:45 AM
Daylight Savings Time... lorend MacInsiders Announcements 1 03-08-2009 02:10 PM
RESP issues Reno V First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-27-2008 02:03 PM

RESP/Savings...

Old 08-17-2008 at 06:25 PM   #1
[email protected]

Liked: 0 Times

RESP/Savings...
ok, so recently, GLOBAL (my trust plan) gave me an "educational financial assistance notification" letter saying that i need to get my subscribers's signature as well as filling out my notice of acceptance form (which needs mac's official seal and officer's signature).

so my question isssss:

1) did anyone else have global as their RESP trust plan? if so, how exactly did you get your money?

and

2) where exactly do i have to go (room, building, etc) to get the official seal and officer's signature?

i have like 9,000 in that trust plan so yeah, i'd really like to take it out by the end of this week or next (for tuition and such). and i'm sorry if i sound stupid because i have no clue whats going on when it comes to the payments.
Old 08-17-2008 at 11:21 PM   #2
MohitB

Liked: 3 Times

GLOBAL was my RESP provider as well. In early June our Global rep gave my parents a form that needed the Registrar's Seal. Just mail it to the Office of the Registrar (I did Xpresspost, didn't want to take any chances). The office itself will send the completed form straight to GLOBAL and by late August (before September 1st) you should contact GLOBAL and ask them when the cheque will be ready.

Sorry if I couldn't answer all your questions but this is what I knew about my plan.

Hope it helps!
Old 08-17-2008 at 11:23 PM   #3
[email protected]

thanks a lot. do you happen to know where (the address) to mail it to?

and what's expresspost? lol i'm such a noob.
Old 08-17-2008 at 11:25 PM   #4
MohitB

Liked: 3 Times

Xpresspost is next day mailing from Canada Post.

The address is:
Office of the Registrar
McMaster University
Gilmour Hall
1280 Main St. W.
Hamilton, Ontario
L8S 4L8

[email protected] says thanks to MohitB for this post.
Old 08-17-2008 at 11:34 PM   #5
[email protected]

thanks, one last question: what happens with the money left over?

i plan on using it for tuition + books so yeah.

oh, and did you apply for osap too?