MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
really important Juve General Discussion 30 10-21-2010 07:50 AM
Important about admission mfattal General Discussion 11 10-16-2010 01:58 PM
Resumes on OSCAR Allan Volunteering Opportunities 5 03-31-2010 08:27 PM

Are resumes really that important for admission?

Old 12-12-2013 at 11:36 AM   #1
purplewind

Liked: 0 Times

Are resumes really that important for admission?
I am a 2013 graduate applying for nursing at mac. I was asked to send a resume dating from Sep 2013 onwards. I have done nothing but work. I feel bad because I did so much during my grade 12 year, but none of that matters. Should I be worried though. Should I be worried? Are they going to value the resume more than my transcript?
Old 12-12-2013 at 01:12 PM   #2
nikJ

Liked: 85 Times

Hi Allie, I think when they say Resume dating from Sep 2013 onwards, they mean your latest resume which has things you did until Sept 2013 at least.

Also, transcript would be very important. Resume just tells them more about you.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12-13-2013 at 06:56 PM   #3
celtics_fan

Liked: 12 Times

I definitely agree! A resume shows them what skills you possess outside of school, and any past experience/accomplishments which a trancsript certainly doesn't show

Your marks are definitely important, but some nursing courses are PBL-based (problem-based learning) and I think that they want to see if you are a good fit for the program and suited to those group projects, which also emphasize a lot of independent work, and then a final collaboration