MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Processing my application Mair Financial Aid 9 06-21-2010 07:39 PM
res application linsalex114 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 03-22-2010 06:29 PM
ca application manu Residence & Housing 12 01-13-2010 10:14 AM
TA application AndyJones General Discussion 1 11-27-2009 09:44 AM
Computer Science (I) Complications georgeb.1990 Academics 7 07-29-2008 05:43 PM

Rez application complications

Old 05-25-2008 at 10:33 AM   #1
Chala

Liked: 0 Times

Rez application complications
Hey guys,
I'm seriously freaking out right now cuz i just applied to rez but it won't let me log in anymore! I typed in my student number and password and it says that it's invalid?!
Also, I accidently closed the online rez deposit page and now I can't seem to find it! I really don't know what to do...i emailed the rez office yesterday but they still haven't answered!
I would really appreciate a reply on what I could possibly do...there are actually other people who are experiencing the same problem as I am:(
Hope to hear from you guys soon!
THanks
Old 05-25-2008 at 10:56 AM   #2
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

Unfortunately, no one is in their office right now at housing and conference services, which is probably why you haven't been emailed yet. But, for any technical difficulties, definitely call them tomorrow between 9AM and 4PM. They're really nice and should be able to help you out!! =)

the number is 905-525-9140 x24342
Old 05-25-2008 at 11:01 AM   #3
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

...I also just tried putting my student number in and my usual password that I have for everything and it didn't work! This is the same system I had from when I applied before so it should be a valid log-in.. So ya, I'm even experiencing the same problem as you!
No worries then, call them tomorrow and they'll let you know what you can do! This must just be some technical difficulty with the software. =)
Old 05-25-2008 at 11:01 AM   #4
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Oh! Don't stress! The same thing happened to me when I applied!
Two things:
1. they'll get back to you tomorrow or Tuesday ish hopefully and if not call them
2. I'm pretty sure after you've applied you can't go back for 24 hours or so so that they can process it and then you can go back on. What happened withg me is that I did it but I never paid when I first applied so I freaked out and called them and they fixed it for me in like 2 minutes
Don't worry it'll be alright, I promise!
Old 05-25-2008 at 11:27 AM   #5
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

relax lol..it takes two business days to process the account! so wait until monday/tuesday..

REMEMBER: Submit 600$ by Wednesday..get this done and you still have time to edit your other info by June 6!
Old 05-25-2008 at 02:48 PM   #6
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

There system could be down, this wouldn't surprise me. As Kenvin said, you have till June to change your options so no rush.
Old 05-25-2008 at 09:12 PM   #7
Slania

Liked: 1 Time

I also have a question...if I don't have a residence guarantee (if Mcmaster didn't notify me after I applied to res or anything), does that mean I'm still on the waiting list...and do I have to pay the deposit too? Or do I wait until they notify me that I have a residence to pay?
Old 05-25-2008 at 09:31 PM   #8
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

Check this site out for more information:
http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...irst_year.html

It says that:
First year students who don't receive a guarantee are still welcome to apply to the the waiting list, but should not make a deposit until they are contacted and instructed to do so.

If you get switched from waitlist status to residence guarantee, they will send you an email about it.
Old 05-26-2008 at 12:48 AM   #9
Slania

Liked: 1 Time

Awesome, thanks. I just wanted to make sure cause I looked at the first year checklist and it said to make a deposit, to keep the place on the waiting list which kind of confused me.
Old 05-27-2008 at 06:12 PM   #10
Meg543

So I've applied for residence and everything. I'm guaranteed a spot and I can sign back into my application file because it's been processed. One problem.
I made my deposit using Mastercard through the online thing and I received an email saying my transaction had been approved. However, my deposit info hasn't shown up on the "Application Status" page yet. If I'm not mistaked deposits have to be in by tomorrow correct? I really don't want to lose my spot in res so how do I know if my deposit has actually gone through?
Old 05-27-2008 at 06:45 PM   #11
Chala

hey thanx everyone for their replies...i've already recieved an email from the rez office...*sigh* and I've already payed my deposit. I guess i had problems due to weekend delay...but now that that stuff's outta the way....i'm so excited! kinda scared actually. University seems like such a big step from high school....hopefully it'll seem different in Sept.

Don't worry Meg! It takes at least 24 hours for the information to be updated on the application status page. So check again after a day....do not panic! lolz
Thanx again
Old 05-27-2008 at 07:11 PM   #12
Meg543

I actually paid the deposit last Monday. So theres been much longer than 24 hours for the page to update. I was emailed a reciept for my transaction...but it's just not showing up on the resapp website online.
Old 05-27-2008 at 07:14 PM   #13
Chala

ooh seriously? wow...okay, u should try calling them, maybe the computers are messed up or somthing these days.
Old 05-27-2008 at 07:17 PM   #14
Meg543

Tomorrow would be the last day to call them and I can't between 9 and 4 because I'm either at school or at work. Does anyone know if theres an email address I could contact instead?
Old 05-27-2008 at 07:18 PM   #15
Chala

try this:
[email protected] r.ca
this is the one i used and they contacted me back pretty quick.