MacInsiders Logo
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:27 AM   #466
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpro1123 View Post
this one still needs to be answered.
Do you ask: Which way will the other man tell me to go?

The liar will say that the truth guy would send you the wrong way. The truthful guy would say the liar would send you to the wrong path. Both will point out to you the wrong path, take the other?

But seriously guys, this is NOTHING. Anyone here ever played Professor Layton and the Curious Village for Nintendo Ds? Its full of even worse(Including some visual ones I have the hardest time getting because of a lack of natural periphiral sense etc) riddles. Its with my younger brother back home and I kind of gave up on it after spending HOURS doing it over and over! He's coming over to visit in a few days, there goes my summer :(

p.s: I'll try and getting a DS Simulator and a Captain Jack Sparrow Link for you guys soon

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 07-13-2009 at 01:29 AM   #467
huzaifa47

You have 8 marbles. Out of the 8 marbles there is one marble that weighs slightly heavier than the rest. The rest of the marbles all weigh the same. How would you find the heaviest marble when you can only weigh them two times using a liberty scale?

This one was in the early stages of the game, along with my favourite transporting Sheep and Wolves across the lake one!

Old 07-13-2009 at 01:32 AM   #468
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
You have 8 marbles. Out of the 8 marbles there is one marble that weighs slightly heavier than the rest. The rest of the marbles all weigh the same. How would you find the heaviest marble when you can only weigh them two times using a liberty scale?

This one was in the early stages of the game, along with my favourite transporting Sheep and Wolves across the lake one!
Oh wow, that's really cool! (I saw the answer :\)
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:35 AM   #469
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Come on Huzaifa, it's not nothing. We've all been working hard on these and any mental stimulation is wonderful. We have built up to more challenging problems so it's not as though we're denying ourselves the opportunity to expand our intellects.

That being said, Joseph, I swear I'm getting 9!

There's Monica and Alex.
There's Daniella and hubby
There's Irene and Oto
There's Owen and Victoria
Stan and Hannah
Jenny and unknown
Matthew and spouse
Paul and somebody
Veronica and hubby.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-13-2009 at 01:35 AM   #470
smashpro1123

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:
Do you ask: Which way will the other man tell me to go?

The liar will say that the truth guy would send you the wrong way. The truthful guy would say the liar would send you to the wrong path. Both will point out to you the wrong path, take the other?

But seriously guys, this is NOTHING. Anyone here ever played Professor Layton and the Curious Village for Nintendo Ds? Its full of even worse(Including some visual ones I have the hardest time getting because of a lack of natural periphiral sense etc) riddles. Its with my younger brother back home and I kind of gave up on it after spending HOURS doing it over and over! He's coming over to visit in a few days, there goes my summer :(

p.s: I'll try and getting a DS Simulator and a Captain Jack Sparrow Link for you guys soon

lol, i know what u mean, my sister has it in her DS and everytime she doesn't know the answer, she asks me and i'm just, is this even for kids, cus most of the riddles are hard.
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:40 AM   #471
Joseph

Liked: 132 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
Come on Huzaifa, it's not nothing. We've all been working hard on these and any mental stimulation is wonderful. We have built up to more challenging problems so it's not as though we're denying ourselves the opportunity to expand our intellects.

That being said, Joseph, I swear I'm getting 9!

There's Monica and Alex.
There's Daniella and hubby
There's Irene and Oto
There's Owen and Victoria
Stan and Hannah
Jenny and unknown
Matthew and spouse
Paul and somebody
Veronica and hubby.
Would it be helpful if I posted all the couples? It may ruin the entire riddle though. :S

Old 07-13-2009 at 01:43 AM   #472
smashpro1123

Liked: 5 Times

Quote:

1) weigh 6 marbles first. if the weigh is same, then,
2) weigh the remaining 2, and u find the heavier one.

but

1) weigh 6 marbles first. if the weigh is not same, then,
2) weigh two of three marbles that were heavier from the heavier set of 3 from the first weigh in. if one is heavier, then thats the one but if two weighs the same, the one u didn't weigh from the three would be the heavy one.
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:43 AM   #473
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
Would it be helpful if I posted all the couples? It may ruin the entire riddle though. :S
I really didn't want to ask for a hint but sure You could PM me if you'd like Or maybe I'll just slog at it without looking at the list unless I absolutely have to. I always try this one past 2 AM and my brain doesn't process good.

*I did that on purpose I know it's "well"

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-13-2009 at 01:46 AM   #474
Joseph

Quote:
I really didn't want to ask for a hint but sure You could PM me if you'd like Or maybe I'll just slog at it without looking at the list unless I absolutely have to. I always try this one past 2 AM and my brain doesn't process good.

*I did that on purpose I know it's "well"
Alright, I've sent them to you through private message so that it doesn't ruin it for the others that are trying to solve this "hard" riddle.

Old 07-13-2009 at 01:51 AM   #475
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Lmfao my 3 AM brain is going to say it is hard
My 12 PM brain will say, "You Goddamn fool. You counted the Excel columns wrong." or something similar

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-13-2009 at 01:51 AM   #476
huzaifa47

Lol Bushra, I meant these are nothing compared to the riddles ON professor laytons, especially once you get to the later stages; or maybe its just that I have a HARD HARD time doing the visual/spatial ones, which obviously aren't possible to be put up on this text based thread!

Old 07-13-2009 at 01:56 AM   #477
Joseph

Quote:
Lmfao my 3 AM brain is going to say it is hard
My 12 PM brain will say, "You Goddamn fool. You counted the Excel columns wrong." or something similar
You could always solve it tomorrow. There's no rush especially when Greg's not on!

Old 07-13-2009 at 01:57 AM   #478
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Lol Bushra, I meant these are nothing compared to the riddles ON professor laytons, especially once you get to the later stages; or maybe its just that I have a HARD HARD time doing the visual/spatial ones, which obviously aren't possible to be put up on this text based thread!
My mistake; I apologise I just had to defend all the riddle takers who are stuck on what colour Jenny Smith likes. (I'm not stuck there; just a random example).

Imagine if Sphinxes were real. I wonder what riddles they would ask.

But the greatest riddle of all to us Mac students might be ... SOLAR.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-13-2009 at 01:57 AM   #479
mcinside
Elite Member

Liked: 23 Times

Quote:
You could always solve it tomorrow. There's no rush especially when Greg's not on!
Haha lol Greg is quite a pro.
Old 07-13-2009 at 01:58 AM   #480
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
This and scanning Preventing and Treating Prostate Cancer is the only thing that is keeping me relatively sane. I'm too afraid to go sleep. The Happening.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences