MacInsiders Logo
Old 07-14-2009 at 01:13 AM   #511
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
I can post the answer if you'd like. The 'Couples' riddle was probably the hardest one I posted.
Sure if you'd like
It's not the lack of the answer that bugs me. I like solving them and maybe it's because I always try it at 2 AM, but I can't do that one.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-14-2009 at 01:16 AM   #512
Joseph

Liked: 132 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
soo umm, it wasn't a riddle rather a trick comprehension question? :S

Right?

In other words if there were two whites the person obviously knew that he is blue, if there was one white one blue then the person still doesn't know whether he is blue or not, however if he was white then someone else would have called blue.
Exactly.

Old 07-14-2009 at 01:19 AM   #513
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
Already solved it a couple pages back
But my answer to it would be: Not enough information provided!

Its quite simply running around in circles, because if you look at it closely you'll see that nowhere we are specified or mentioned that the mystery pet is Infact a Fish! It could be anything!

The fish could also be food for some other pet, sooo we don't really know if it is the mystery pet! We can just assume!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 07-14-2009 at 01:19 AM   #514
Joseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
Sure if you'd like
It's not the lack of the answer that bugs me. I like solving them and maybe it's because I always try it at 2 AM, but I can't do that one.
The answer to the riddle is Yes.

Here's the solution:

1) Matthew & Daniella Black work as shop assistants, like pink drive a trabant, brought "Mulatka Gabriela" and borrowed "We Were Five".

2) Owen & Victoria Kuril are doctors, who like brown, drive skoda, brought "The Modern Comedy" and borrowed "Slovacko Judge"

3) Stan & Hannah Horrick are agriculturalists, who drive a moskvic, like white, borrowed Mulatka Gabriela and brought Dame Commissar

4) Robert & Jenny Smith are warehouse managers who like yellow, drive a wartburg and borrowed The Modern comedy and brought We were five.

5) Alexander & Monica Cermaks are ticket collectors who like violet, drive a dacia, borrowed Grandfather Joseph and brought Shed Stoat.

6) Oto & Irene Zajac are accountants who like red, drive a fiat brought The Seadog and borrowed Shed Stout.

7)Rick & Veronica Dvorak are teachers who like blue, drive a zigguli brought Slovacko Judge and borrowed Dame Commissar

8) Paul & Pamela Swain work as Shoppers, like green, drive a renault, borrowed the sea dog and brought Grandfather Joseph.

Old 07-14-2009 at 01:26 AM   #515
smashpro1123

Liked: 5 Times

this one is a bit hard.

You live on an island where there are only two kinds of people: the ones who always tell the truth (truth tellers) and those who always lie (liars). You are accused of crime and brought before the court, where you are allowed to speak only one sentence in your defense. What do you say in each of the following situations?

1. If you were a liar (the court does not know that) and you were innocent. And it is an established fact that a liar committed the crime.
2. Same situation as above, but you are the one who committed the crime.
3. If you were a truth teller (the court does not know that) and you were innocent. And it is an established fact that a truth teller committed the crime.
4. If you were innocent and it is an established fact that the crime was not committed by a “normal” person. Normal people are that new immigrant group who sometimes lie and sometimes speak the truth. What sentence, no matter whether you were a truth teller, liar, or normal, can prove your innocence?

Last edited by smashpro1123 : 07-14-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-14-2009 at 01:30 AM   #516
smashpro1123

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Pandora, who wanted a bright groom so she made up a few logic problems for the wannabe. This is one of them.
Based upon the inscriptions on the boxes (none or just one of them is true), choose one box where the wedding ring is hidden.

Golden box
The ring is in this box.

Silver box
The ring is not in this box.

Lead box
The ring is not in the golden box
Old 07-14-2009 at 01:31 AM   #517
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashpro1123 View Post
You live on an island where there are only two kinds of people: the ones who always tell the truth (truth tellers) and those who always lie (liars). You are accused of crime and brought before the court, where you are allowed to speak only one sentence in your defense. What do you say in each of the following situations?

1. If you were a liar (the court does not know that) and you were innocent. And it is an established fact that a liar committed the crime.

2. Same situation as above, but you are the one who committed the crime.

3. If you were a truth teller (the court does not know that) and you were innocent. And it is an established fact that a truth teller committed the crime.
4. If you were innocent and it is an established fact that the crime was not committed by a “normal” person. Normal people are that new immigrant group who sometimes lie and sometimes speak the truth. What sentence, no matter whether you were a truth teller, liar, or normal, can prove your innocence?

I am a truth teller and I did not commit the crime.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-14-2009 at 01:32 AM   #518
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Once upon a time, there was a girl named Pandora, who wanted a bright groom so she made up a few logic problems for the wannabe. This is one of them.
Based upon the inscriptions on the boxes (none or just one of them is true), choose one box where the wedding ring is hidden.

Golden box
The ring is in this box.

Silver box

Lead box
Is the ring in the silver box?

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Last edited by goodnews.inc : 07-14-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 07-14-2009 at 01:33 AM   #519
smashpro1123

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
Is the ring in the silver box?
yup
Old 07-14-2009 at 01:34 AM   #520
Joseph

Quote:

Golden box
The ring is in this box.

Silver box

Lead box
Hmmm... Silver box?

By the way, I'm not going answer the first one because I've seen that one before.

EDIT: Too slow...

Old 07-14-2009 at 01:34 AM   #521
smashpro1123

Alice came across a lion and a unicorn in a forest of forgetfulness. Those two are strange beings. The lion lies every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and the other days he speaks the truth. The unicorn lies on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, however the other days of the week he speaks the truth.
Lion: Yesterday I was lying.
Unicorn: So was I.
Which day did they say that?
Old 07-14-2009 at 01:34 AM   #522
smashpro1123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
Hmmm... Silver box?

By the way, I'm not going answer the first one you posted because I already know the answer to the problem.
yup!, just a bit late but still right
Old 07-14-2009 at 01:35 AM   #523
smashpro1123

And here is the second test. At least one inscription is true and at least one is false. Which means the ring is in the...

Golden box
The ring is not in the silver box.

Silver box

Lead box
The ring is in this box.
Old 07-14-2009 at 01:37 AM   #524
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
And here is the second test. At least one inscription is true and at least one is false. Which means the ring is in the...

Golden box

Silver box

Lead box
The ring is in this box.
Lead - -

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-14-2009 at 01:39 AM   #525
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:

Golden box

Silver box

Lead box
The ring is in this box.
Golden Box.