MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Action Required-Sectioning Conflict amyshi Academics 13 08-10-2010 01:02 PM
Coldex Fridge Policy - Action Now! (from the IRC) sarrah66 MacInsiders Announcements 10 08-03-2010 08:31 PM
College pro or 'action go' Sasha General Discussion 140 11-17-2009 09:45 PM
Table Tennis Club back in action Chad MacInsiders Announcements 4 07-04-2009 09:46 PM

RIM Playbook Video (IN ACTION)

Here it is, actually working in action. What are your thoughts?

Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 10-25-2010 at 11:23 PM   #2
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times
I honestly don't see the benefits of these 'pads'. I mean, we seriously need some hologram shet.

Old 10-25-2010 at 11:28 PM   #3
Sasha

Liked: 8 Times
Very neat, would buy only if it includes a low price tag. Would help a lot of things, BUT again as long as the price is right.

Old 10-26-2010 at 12:20 AM   #4
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times
I'm still waiting for a proper Windows 7 tablet. I'm dreaming of a day where I can take note using OneNote on a machine with a 10 hours battery life.

Old 10-26-2010 at 01:37 AM   #5
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times
This might sell to the business niche, but it's not going to be hugely popular with consumers. In all honesty, unless these things come with a solid keyboard they'll be forever relegated to a niche even with consumers. I just can't see much reason for someone that already owns a smartphone and a notebook/netbook to also own one of these (in most situations).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
I'm still waiting for a proper Windows 7 tablet. I'm dreaming of a day where I can take note using OneNote on a machine with a 10 hours battery life.
You're never going to get a "proper" Windows Tablet. Windows and the software written for it is inherently touch unfriendly. Windows 7 is too bloated to run well on the low-end tablet hardware that we're getting and too power hungry to pull 10+ hours on anything small and light. The best thing for MS to do would be to port WP7 to tablets and use that, but then you lose the benefits of having a windows tablet and you might as well buy an iPad.

Old 10-26-2010 at 02:21 AM   #6
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times
I figured...

Lets hope iPad version 2 will includes OneNote-clone from Apple with new stylus support. Eh?

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search