MacInsiders Logo

RIP OSAMA bin laden

Old 05-01-2011 at 11:30 PM   #31
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Did you see Obama leave from his statement>? Down the hallway all dramatics like a boss.

Old 05-01-2011 at 11:50 PM   #32
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reda View Post
Looks like an ending to a movie.
Old 05-01-2011 at 11:51 PM   #33
mally

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnusX1 View Post
How is that a stereotype? Pakistan doesn't exactly have a perfect track record in its relations to the US and dealings with Al-Qaeda.
that's because US hasn't been dealing fairly either. there attacks have been taking the lives of hundreds of civilians everyday for the past couple of years just to kill a couple of talibans...obviously people and the state isn't happy with that. ISI has been helping US army for the longest time but they do not appreciate the death of innocent civilians. and add to that an american spy going off on a brutal spree to kill civilians without any appreciable reason. that's got to anger them!
Old 05-01-2011 at 11:56 PM   #34
Jonsee

Liked: Liked 18 Times

I heard Donald Trump is demanding a death certificate

Old 05-01-2011 at 11:56 PM   #35
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

I hear they are changing his name osama bin leaving.

I bet the 2nd most wanted criminal is like FINALLY I'am #1 only took 10 years....

EDIT: On the FBI website his article is still there and one of the links says "submit a tip" I'am so tempted to click it and say "he is dead". But alas I figure trolling a government is not such a good thing

Afzal, aya017, cypher, nerual like this.
Old 05-01-2011 at 11:57 PM   #36
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsee View Post
I heard Donald Trump is demanding a death certificate
Quality first post.
Old 05-02-2011 at 12:00 AM   #37
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

I don't know why but this whole thing is very shady and unclear. First of all, these rumours have been around for a couple of years now so it was a little hard to believe.. But now that it's all over the news.. Anyway, Bin Laden's not stupid, why on earth would he hide in a high-security compound in the Pakistani capital especially since he's been so good at hiding for the past 10 years or so? Also, Obama in his speech said that his aim was to try and capture him not kill him and now somehow "justice" has been "served"? What happened to having a fair trial and all that BS that the US preaches for, like the case with Saddam Hussein for example? Don't get me wrong, I'm 150% against what Al Qaeda stands for, but come on, that's what we have a judiciary system for. Not to forget, what's with the sudden co-operation between the US and Pakistan..

Eternal Fire, L'Étoile all say thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.

Old 05-02-2011 at 12:02 AM   #38
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

Apparently usama bin laden was killed exactly 8 years after bush's famous mission accomplished speech.

and that Donald trump comment posted earlier had me in tears...

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 05-02-2011
SydVicious
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 05-02-2011
L'Étoile
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 05-02-2011 at 12:14 AM   #39
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

Obama himself confirmed this. If he wasn't sure, if there was the slightest sign of doubt, would he really go out and tell the entire world Osama Bin Laden is dead?

Obviously there are already a million conspiracy theories in the works.

We need Wikileaks to get on this and get those documents. Until then we will never know what truly happened. Maybe this is all a set-up? Provide some sort of hope for Americans?

and please don't start blaming Pakistan... we are trying to put an end to discrimination/stereotyping. They have co-oporated according to Obama. There are other parties in play of course but they helped capture him, I'm sure the Pakstani government is corrupt but they managed to work together to kill the worlds most wanted man.
Old 05-02-2011 at 01:07 AM   #40
Icecream
Account Locked

Liked: 42 Times

Wolf on CNN said that Bin Laden will be buried in Islamic tradition.

Respect for the dead, even for evil people. It shows who's civilized when you do respect them.

Osama's death sounds so sudden. I was getting hyped up for election day... Obama is really going to get a lot of public support boost for his candidacy.

Last edited by Icecream : 05-02-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 05-02-2011 at 01:16 AM   #41
TedMosby

Liked: 34 Times

Great news, it'll provide some consolation to the 9/11 victim's families. At last, justice has been served.
Old 05-02-2011 at 01:20 AM   #42
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post
Wolf on CNN said that Bin Laden will be buried in Islamic tradition.

Respect for the dead, even for evil people. It shows who's civilized when you do respect them.

Osama's death sounds so sudden. I was getting hyped up for election day... Obama is really going to get a lot of public support boost for his candidacy.
I don't think so, I think some government funded forensics might wanna check out his body to get an idea of his past.

So most probably, he'll be buried in bones.
Old 05-02-2011 at 01:31 AM   #43
Icecream
Account Locked

Liked: 42 Times

I personally would like to see a picture and dna results. I do believe he is dead but you gotta be 100% certain.

Now, troops have to get out of Afghanistan.

Aljazeera is so much better than CNN.

Last edited by Icecream : 05-02-2011 at 01:34 AM.

mfattal, ~*Sara*~ like this.