Old 05-02-2011 at 04:27 PM   #76
noface

Liked: 7 Times

don't believe it. why would you bury him at sea

Icecream likes this.
Old 05-02-2011 at 05:08 PM   #77
AlexBatt

Liked: 62 Times

its one thing to be relieved that the supposed person behind 9/11 is dead - but its another to have my whole facebook cheering "yayyy bin laden is deadd". its actually disgusting to see it. theyve dehumanized the word death in the past 24 hours to the point where people were actually saying they werent going to go to work or school cause they want to celebrate. its actually pretty pathetic.

additionally, it would be remiss of you to take what the media says at face value. people were jumping up and down so confident he just died. What happened to thinking about what you see and hear. I'm very much skeptical about all this - you'd be naive to even think that his death means a better world now as well

Old 05-02-2011 at 06:27 PM   #78
Revolution1

Liked: 77 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
I'm getting really tired of people on here personally attacking me. Honestly you all need to get a life and stop harrasing me.
No one's harassing you. You're the one posting asinine comments.

Old 05-02-2011 at 06:36 PM   #79
Icecream
Account Locked

Liked: 42 Times

I remember when US forces killed an important Taliban Commander. They showed his body to the Afghan News and multiple journalists (western and eastern) and the Taliban acknowledged his death.

Now with Osama's "death": He gets killed but no one gets to see his corpse. The US should have let journalists see the body. Now the only information people are getting is from US officials and everyone knows how much politicians lie.

Last edited by Icecream : 05-02-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-02-2011 at 06:49 PM   #80
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by noface View Post
don't believe it. why would you bury him at sea
Yeah, it's an odd thing to do. I mean, even Saddam got a tangible death. I can't imagine them just chucking this guy to the sharks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBatt View Post
its one thing to be relieved that the supposed person behind 9/11 is dead - but its another to have my whole facebook cheering "yayyy bin laden is deadd". its actually disgusting to see it. theyve dehumanized the word death in the past 24 hours to the point where people were actually saying they werent going to go to work or school cause they want to celebrate. its actually pretty pathetic.

additionally, it would be remiss of you to take what the media says at face value. people were jumping up and down so confident he just died. What happened to thinking about what you see and hear. I'm very much skeptical about all this - you'd be naive to even think that his death means a better world now as well
^This. One of my friends who goes to University of Southern California was invited to something called America Week where "in the week following this piece of shit's death, [student's will] celebrate being an American"

Osama bin Laden wasn't by any means a saint, but it's not like the USA is any better.

Coalition and Afghan security forces - Total Killed 11,758

Taliban and Insurgents - Total Killed or captured: 38,000+

Civillian Deaths: 14,000-34,000 approx.

Approx Total Killed: 60-80,000.

All of that for the pursuit of a single man.

Old 05-02-2011 at 07:13 PM   #81
AZee

Liked: 1 Time

my friend heard people on her street celebrating LOL
Old 05-02-2011 at 07:30 PM   #82
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 461 Times

This whole incident is bull.

Icecream likes this.
Old 05-02-2011 at 07:43 PM   #83
Icecream
Account Locked

It is completly bull. First they throw his corpse in the sea with the excuse of : "He shouldn't be buried in the land because Al Qaeda is going to use his burial ground as a recruit tool."

And on CNN, they're saying that US officials want to release an old bin Laden video found in his mansion... WHICH IS GOING TO BE USED AS AN ALQAEDA's RECRUITMENT TOOL !!!

This is pure bullshit, they had him dead a long time. Al Qaeda is a ghost designed to get the US involved in many more wars and as a fear for the Americans so that the govt can strip away their rights.

1984 (GEORGE ORWELL) PLAYED IN REAL TIME

Obama is using Bin Laden's death to gain his poll boost, especially because corporations and criminal politicians are scared of Ron Paul's rising popularity.

This is really chess played on a simple level, if only people controlled their emotions and analyzed facts. I wish reality was different, but you gotta accept cold hard facts so that they can be dealt with.

Last edited by Icecream : 05-02-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-02-2011 at 07:58 PM   #84
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution1 View Post
No one's harassing you. You're the one posting asinine comments.

It's not my fault you swallow everything media feeds you.

Silver likes this.
Old 05-02-2011 at 08:10 PM   #85
thedog123123
Crazy Physicist

Liked: 313 Times

Quote:

Obama is using Bin Laden's death to gain his poll boost, especially because corporations and criminal politicians are scared of Ron Paul's rising popularity.

This is really chess played on a simple level, if only people controlled their emotions and analyzed facts. I wish reality was different, but you gotta accept cold hard facts so that they can be dealt with.
A)You are over analyzing which leads to conspiracy theories.

B) Ron Paul is an idiot...literally. listen him speak especially sudden interviews where he hasn't had time to prepare. The guy makes Bush seem like a dude with an 180 IQ.

c) Hypocritical. "if only people controlled their emotions and analyzed facts" You are obviously emotional towards ron paul as you have shown a passion for the guy.

Let me guess you think the moon landing was fake (FYI a significant percentage of Americans believe this stance).

As for the throwing his corpse to the fishes. It make sense that they wouldn't want his body buried on land. Osama was the figure head of a large organization with strong religious roots. You wouldn't want it to be a monument.

On another thing that just past my mind... someone mentioned images of Saddam Husein's corpse. These were never intended for public eyes but were leaked (as well as a cell phone video of his hanging)

Now leave me be House is on.

Amaryll likes this.
Old 05-02-2011 at 08:38 PM   #86
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post

B) Ron Paul is an idiot...literally. listen him speak especially sudden interviews where he hasn't had time to prepare. The guy makes Bush seem like a dude with an 180 IQ.

c) Hypocritical. "if only people controlled their emotions and analyzed facts" You are obviously emotional towards ron paul as you have shown a passion for the guy.

Let me guess you think the moon landing was fake (FYI a significant percentage of Americans believe this stance).

As for the throwing his corpse to the fishes. It make sense that they wouldn't want his body buried on land. Osama was the figure head of a large organization with strong religious roots. You wouldn't want it to be a monument.

On another thing that just past my mind... someone mentioned images of Saddam Husein's corpse. These were never intended for public eyes but were leaked (as well as a cell phone video of his hanging)

I don't understand why disagreeing with the norm leads to conspiracy theories.
Old 05-02-2011 at 09:16 PM   #87
Icecream
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post

You're making yourself look like an idiot.

Ron Paul is a medical doctor, how can he be an idiot ?

I don't use my emotions to understand the difference between a bad guy (Obama) and a good one (Ron PAul). One is for wars and the other isn't.

Over-analyzing leads to theories ? Wow, that statement makes every scientific discovery look like a conspiracy theory.

Yeah, and they want to release a video of him speaking, which will only help Al Qaeda recruit potential terrorists.

If you're out of arguments, I can make some for you.
Old 05-02-2011 at 09:44 PM   #88
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post
You're making yourself look like an idiot.

Ron Paul is a medical doctor, how can he be an idiot ?

I don't use my emotions to understand the difference between a bad guy (Obama) and a good one (Ron PAul). One is for wars and the other isn't.

Over-analyzing leads to theories ? Wow, that statement makes every scientific discovery look like a conspiracy theory.

Yeah, and they want to release a video of him speaking, which will only help Al Qaeda recruit potential terrorists.

If you're out of arguments, I can make some for you.
Stupidity comes in all shapes and sizes.

Old 05-02-2011 at 09:50 PM   #89
Icecream
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
Stupidity comes in all shapes and sizes.
Yeah, you gotta be stupid to get good grades, get an M.D, go through residence and than perform many medical procedures. If that's stupidity, then you guys have the brain power of a rat.
Old 05-02-2011 at 09:52 PM   #90
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post
Yeah, you gotta be stupid to get good grades, get an M.D, go through residence and than perform many medical procedures. If that's stupidity, then you guys have the brain power of a rat.
Mention Ron Paul is basically my go-to indicator that somebody is a loon or a moron.