MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
List your iphone/blackberry plans here! :) demelo_b Computers & Tech 1 08-04-2010 12:52 PM
Rogers or Bell? anthony Computers & Tech 44 08-03-2010 04:29 PM
TELUS OR ROGERS for Iphone 4? maryam17 Computers & Tech 29 07-31-2010 11:28 PM
Iphone/blackberry plans demelo_b Computers & Tech 14 07-01-2010 10:43 PM
Are you a Rogers Customer? kokosas MacInsiders Announcements 8 11-29-2008 03:04 PM

Rogers-iPhone-plans-anyeone work there maybe?

Old 10-30-2009 at 11:09 AM   #16
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

lol if u go with rogers you have to get a data plan on contract, but u can cancel.

$100 for rogers, $200 for Fido.

I went with Fido for my iPhone no SAF and here is my plan w the iphone

350 mins
ultd. msgs
call ID
Ultd evengs (6pm) and weekends

$30+tax
Old 10-30-2009 at 11:10 AM   #17
soomroau

Liked: 0 Times

you can add a data plan to your existing plan for 15 dollars extra, a data plan is worth it cuz if u forget to turn off ure wi-fi and use the internet itll cost u a fortune!
Old 10-30-2009 at 11:28 AM   #18
j.luong

Liked: 2 Times

Rogers employees will tell you that you cannot turn off 3G capabilities (your data plan), however, that is completely false. If you want to turn off 3G for sure, all you need to do is call Rogers but have them direct you to the iPhone technical support, and they will know what to do.
Old 10-30-2009 at 11:41 AM   #19
ice8

Data plan is only needed if u want to use the Rogers/Fido network to access the internet on your iPhone.

I usually have internet around me (on campus or at home), and I dont feel the need to use the internet on the bus or at a store. You can still access the internet but it has to be ur home, or macconnect or any other wifi network but not rogers/fido 3G network.
Old 10-30-2009 at 12:18 PM   #20
lmasud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katia View Post
So I want to get the iPhone and can't wait till tomorrow to call them haha.

so my question is...

Can I keep my current (AWESOME) plan and get the rogers iphone for cheap with the 3 year contract?

When i go on the website, it only gives me like 5 super lame plans to choose from....
I just dont need Data at all... thats why those plans dont appeal to me..and they cost over 40$

right now I get
-300 minutes weekday
-unlimited evenings after 6
-unlimited weekends
-unlimited messages
-free call waiting, voicemail, caller id..etc
=24$ plus tax..
Maybe anyone knows a way i could get the iphone and maybe get a better plan?
that is one of the cheapest plans ive ever seen.
i get something similar from telus (100 less mins) for $27+tax
Old 10-30-2009 at 01:54 PM   #21
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

The whole POINT of an Iphone is the data plan. ._. You need to sign a data contract to get the phone at a discounted price.

Go with the Touch if you don't want data.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-30-2009 at 03:15 PM   #22
WekSos

Liked: 24 Times

You can get the hardware upgrade to an iphone , but without signing a data plan, your going to be paying a higher cost than the advertised 199 or 299 price they advertise.

If you choose to pay for the phone and sign the contract with out data, you can just switch your sim over and use the phone. To block data just call in and request them disable any type of data on your phone.

If you want data , you have to sign a SEPARATE 3 year agreement on data, so you will have 2 3 yr contracts with rogers. There is no other way to add data unless you sign the contract.

Since you dont want data, what I would suggest is to either Buy the phone outright from rogers since they have it available for pay as u go customers. OR just check kijiji and stuff for one that is either used or new (its still expensive but you save money doing it this way than to buy it brand new, a lot of people do hardware upgrades and sell the phone for extra $$)

You can check kijiji classified or howardforums classifides.

So in your situation there will be no point of you resigning a 3 year agreemenbt and almost paying how much the phone is worth when you can avoid an agreement and find the phone else where.

I had my iphone on pay as you go for over a year now. It works fine for me, and there is no 3g ... but for some reason my edge works and i dont get charged for me ..
Old 10-30-2009 at 03:18 PM   #23
WekSos

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB View Post

Telus is going to start selling the iPhone also if you want to go with them over Rogers. It doesn't really which company you go with you get priced gouged either way.
Bell is getting the iPhone too I think.

GSM > CDMA
Old 10-30-2009 at 03:37 PM   #24
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by WekSos View Post
Bell is getting the iPhone too I think.

GSM > CDMA
Correct, both Telus and Bell are going to be selling the iPhone. Last I read it should be starting in November.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-30-2009 at 04:00 PM   #25
ice8

Bell will be getting GSM this november when it releases its iPhone
Old 10-30-2009 at 11:40 PM   #26
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

thanks for the comments guys..
well..i dot have any patience so i just bought an ipod touch.. im ok with my blackberry for now I guess, so whatever.
a bunch of my friends who work at telus and bell are saying i should wait till they come out with the HSPA network and then they can hook me up with an iphone but whatever...