MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
payment agreement :( lolabb Financial Aid 3 08-31-2010 11:01 PM
Help With Payment Agreement! knguyens2 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-21-2010 12:19 AM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
Payment Agreement? lavalampsky Academics 5 06-22-2009 05:25 PM
Payment Agreement Woody33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-21-2008 09:38 PM

Room Type Not Allocated on Payment Agreement

Old 07-10-2008 at 02:46 AM   #1
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

Room Type Not Allocated on Payment Agreement
I was looking on my Payment Agreement today, and saw this:

Residence: ROOM TYPE NOT ALLOCATED
Meal Plan: MEAL PLAN NOT ALLOCATED

But I've already been assigned a room & residence & meal plan on RMS (resapp.mcmaster.ca). Is it showing the same thing on everyone's Payment Agreements?
Old 07-10-2008 at 03:57 AM   #2
zaidyusufani
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

its showing me the same and I also have been assigned a room and meal plan on RMS
Old 07-10-2008 at 09:56 AM   #3
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times

it's the exact same for me too... and what i'm not sure about is how to change it. on this sheet i got from my academic advising session it says:

"The Payment Agreement "DEFAULTS" to the average type of residence and meal plan amounts until you are assigned both in Housing Admissions [which we were!]. Once you have been assigned your residence room, please update the Payment Agreement for accurate fee calculations."

okay, how? :\

and another thing. for the residence deposit $1200 is listed...but i swear the residence deposit i gave/was asked for was only $600 ...

Old 07-10-2008 at 09:56 AM   #4
katie_batt

Liked: 9 Times

yep, I have the same thing too
Old 07-10-2008 at 10:45 AM   #5
JBeans

Liked: 14 Times

Give it a bit more time before your room type shows up on the payment agreement. If it's happening to everyone, they just haven't added it yet
Old 07-11-2008 at 12:52 PM   #6
bankyburns
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

The university's computer systems are not all perfectly synced to one another so they don't update date in real time. The admission's site has this to say:
http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...es_FAQ.html#16

Allan says thanks to bankyburns for this post.
Old 07-11-2008 at 04:49 PM   #7
Allan
Elite Member

So it won't update until September?

Then I guess we just have to pay the default amount.
Old 07-11-2008 at 08:34 PM   #8
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
Then I guess we just have to pay the default amount.
i guess you could do that...or, according to the mcmaster website:

If you wish to go ahead and pay your residence fees prior to September, calculate your costs based on the following:

Allan says thanks to shleyaa for this post.
Old 07-12-2008 at 07:05 AM   #9
Allan
Elite Member

Something sounds sketchy...

When we complete the Payment Agreement, don't we agree to paying the amount shown by September 1st?

If we only pay the amount for the room that we were assigned (assuming it is less than the Default amount), then wouldn't we be financially liable for the amount owing? (ie. they can charge us interest).