MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which residences has the "Women & Leadership" and "All-Female Community" themes? Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 05-21-2012 11:15 PM
Unusual combination...anyone here take both "Psych 2C03" and "Math 1LT3" dumbconsumer Academics 2 06-15-2011 08:09 AM
"What do you wanna eat?", "I dunno" Twelve Chars General Discussion 33 05-06-2011 06:22 PM
Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts WitekS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-26-2009 10:38 PM

"The Root Cause of Terrorism is Terrorists"

Old 04-25-2013 at 10:45 PM   #1
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

"The Root Cause of Terrorism is Terrorists"
Well Canada... Well, Conservatives. You elected 'em. And here is your deeply insightful Conservative response to "the cause of terrorism":

"The root causes of terrorism is terrorists. That's how we respond." - Pierre Poilievre

... We need all the luck we can get, with people like this leading our country. Note: This comment isn't even taken out of context (a common tool used by the Conservative government to bully people, while campaigning against bullying)

If you're out of the loop and don't understand the hypocrisy and idiocy I speak of above, that's totally understandable. Most sane people don't understand the Canadian Conservative government either.
Old 04-25-2013 at 10:49 PM   #2
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Wait...what??

Zebedee likes this.
Old 04-25-2013 at 10:57 PM   #3
mike_302
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watoko View Post
Wait...what??
To the quote on terrorism: This was the response of the Conservatives when asked about their thoughts on why people end up resorting to terrorism.

To the side swipe on bullying: This is in response to the fact that the Conservatives LOVE to take WAY out of context quotes, and advertise them in the media as official positions by their enemies. They do this while they meet with grieving families who have suffered from online/social media bullying.

Canada's government:

Do most people actually ignore this stuff? Does anyone know that the Conservatives decided to start sending out campaign letters and anti-opponent propoganda using hundreds of thousands of your tax paying dollars? http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Jus...077/story.html Fun fact: It's TWO F***ing years before an election season!

Last edited by mike_302 : 04-25-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2013 at 11:00 PM   #4
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Mike is trying to say poop is poopy

Watoko, Zebedee like this.
Old 04-25-2013 at 11:12 PM   #5
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

So, you are saying terrorists aren't cause of acts of terrorism? Then who is? Elves? George Lucas?

Now I know what you are going to say, that terrorist don't become terrorists on their own, but they are influenced by their environment, like religion, politics, etc.... however, people performed acts of "terrorism" way before the term "terrorist" existed. So don't blame their religion or political views, blame people stupid enough to think that blowing something up, or killing somebody is going to change or help the situation they are going against.

Also, wait a second, don't liberals also crap all over the conservatives? Isn't it the point of politics? What do you expect them to do? Not spread lies about each other?

Last edited by MrPlinkett : 04-25-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 04-25-2013 at 11:21 PM   #6
onedayy

Liked: 34 Times

Terrorist is terrorist
Nothing more or less need to be said about those kinds
The moment he decides to kill at least one person, that terrorist has given up his right to be a human, and that is regardless of how he was influenced
Terrorists might have their own excuses for their acts of barbarism, but so what? so do the other thousands of murderers in jail
Old 04-25-2013 at 11:36 PM   #7
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
This is in response to the fact that the [insert party here] LOVE to take WAY out of context quotes, and advertise them in the media as official positions by their enemies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
Does anyone know that the [insert party here] decided to start sending out campaign letters and anti-opponent propoganda using hundreds of thousands of your tax paying dollars?
These can be said with any political party.

Zebedee likes this.
Old 04-26-2013 at 07:20 AM   #8
Chris23
Account Locked

Liked: 287 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watoko View Post
These can be said with any political party.
Haha nicely put. Apparently the OP is so high on the Liberal Party, he thinks they do no wrong. Do we have to direct their attention to the force to work that McGuinty laid on the teachers union? Yeah Conservatives are the only bad guys out there...
Old 04-26-2013 at 08:01 AM   #9
mike_302
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
So, you are saying terrorists aren't cause of acts of terrorism? Then who is? Elves? George Lucas?

Now I know what you are going to say, that terrorist don't become terrorists on their own, but they are influenced by their environment, like religion, politics, etc.... however, people performed acts of "terrorism" way before the term "terrorist" existed. So don't blame their religion or political views, blame people stupid enough to think that blowing something up, or killing somebody is going to change or help the situation they are going against.

Also, wait a second, don't liberals also crap all over the conservatives? Isn't it the point of politics? What do you expect them to do? Not spread lies about each other?
Lulz, no. I am saying that the governing Conservatives are amazingly observant, and deeply-thoughtful people (read: shallow like the kiddy pool)

Then I'm pointing out that the Conservatives have started campaigning as if it were an election season, against their opponents. That takes time and money. Is there a double standard I'm playing up here? Yes: One party holds a majority leadership and is supposed to be making a bunch of bad decisions (because that's just what our leading politicians do...) as the leader of Canada: You can't do that if you're making up stories about your opponent and coming up with YouTube videos and mail-out campaigns to troll your opponent. And rather than having them useless, and on the campaign trail for the few months leading up to an election, it looks like Canadian politics will fall as far behind as 2+ years, given the next election isn't until 2015.

Last edited by mike_302 : 04-26-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-26-2013 at 08:02 AM   #10
mike_302
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Haha nicely put. Apparently the OP is so high on the Liberal Party, he thinks they do no wrong. Do we have to direct their attention to the force to work that McGuinty laid on the teachers union? Yeah Conservatives are the only bad guys out there...
Eh. I know the difference between Provincial and Federal parties. And I'm the high one?

Also, if you knew me a little better, you might be more aware of my REAL opinion on the liberals... Not as flattering as you might think. I'm just more embarrassed than ever to call myself a Canadian abroad while being governed by Harper.
Old 04-26-2013 at 09:19 AM   #11
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Quote:
Lulz, no. I am saying that the governing Conservatives are amazingly observant, and deeply-thoughtful people (read: shallow like the kiddy pool)
Well sure. They are so shallow, and you are so deep minded by thinking that they are nothing more than political trolls that can't do anything else but kill Liberal buzz.

It amazes how kids these think that the world is so black and white.

Government outlaws drugs? - They are illuminati, and old farts who waste money.

Government governments put rioting people in prisons? - They are communists who try to fight people's free spirit.

Basically when idiots have their lives not affected by problems that arise in real world, they think those problems don't exist and think that everything authority is doing is unnecessary and wasteful. <--- I refer to all liberals and retarded teenagers there.
Old 04-26-2013 at 09:24 AM   #12
Strategy

Liked: 46 Times

Old 04-26-2013 at 11:27 AM   #13
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

So is this a thread about terrorism or bashing conservatives?

Well its important to know the difference between terrorism committed by terrorists, and terrorisim comitted in part by external governments' influences (state-sponsored terrorism) or other such sources. It was probably said in an unnecessarily uninsightful way, but the fact still remains.

American Conservatives, on the other hand, have the tendancy to be under this dellusion that while the terrorist acts committed by terrorists, those terrorists are trained and funded by (i.e.) Muslim governments or groups, which is different from independant radical fractions of zelots organizations unaffiliated with the governments themselves.

The above may still be the case, but the distinction is the automatic presumption of guilt of whole cultural groups without much evidence or leeway. Would you rather Canadian politicians say something stupid or something stupidly racist and dangerous?
Old 04-26-2013 at 12:17 PM   #14
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3tecuz/

Watoko likes this.