MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
single room - lonely? nick Residence & Housing 20 05-23-2010 10:11 PM
Catching The Lonely Bug feonateresa Getting Involved 4 09-19-2009 11:00 PM
Lonely niteskie General Discussion 25 09-09-2009 03:27 PM
The "I'm Lonely" Thread. wintermelon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 52 09-16-2008 11:50 AM

Sad and Lonely

Old 11-27-2009 at 10:45 AM   #46
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossclot View Post
My imaginary perfect mate only exists in my head.
You and everyone else...
Old 11-27-2009 at 12:07 PM   #47
pinkpiggydoe

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
the problem when being in a relationship is you have 2 branches of problems...yours and theirs
which creates added stress

but you are right in saying that a serious relationship is better than being single...it's all about compatibility.

what I meant by saying "creates the worst goals" is that you start thinking about life with that person and forgo a lot of things that might have been way more beneficial for you (like choosing a worse university just because that person is going there)...now don't argue about why I said "creates the worst goals", i worded it wrongly
Also, I have noticed that being in a relationship in your late teens distances you from your parents (most of the time), which is bad, especially if you have the kinda parents I have
well the thing is, i dont think about how it creates 2 branches of problems which 'adds' stress .. i think that when you're in a relationship, you have someone else there that can SHARE your problems and stress with you...
like sometimes, you get bad mark back or something really crappy happens to you on the way home, does it not make you feel better to talk to your significant other and have them comfort you? Before i got into a relationship, i had a journal and all my crappy moments would be in there and to some degree, it would make me feel better after writing but it obviously wasnt very good at the comforting part...

but when people forgo good choices, i think its because they're thinking short term (i.e. the immediate couple of months or a year ahead) instead of thinking long term and about a life with that person

and i agree with how relationships may distance you from your parents, but i think it really depends and that line can't be said about the majority. In my case, don't kno about anyone else..., after having someone there to share my problems with, i wasnt as afraid to tell my parents about things i would have kept to myself before because i think they might be disappointed or upset with me.. because now, if they ARE upset with me, someone is there to comfort me and i think thats better for my parents cuz they kno more about whats going on in my life, positive or negative...

just my two cents..
Old 11-27-2009 at 12:33 PM   #48
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
I hate you.
Haha, awe! I'm just kidding, Reeves. =]
Old 11-27-2009 at 02:46 PM   #49
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossclot View Post
Sad Lonely people on the internet meeting up in real life? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA omg is this your first time using a computer? did you just learn about the internet? I dont mean to be rude... but your suggestion was just so precious. hahahahahaha that comment should go in the "Things that make me smile" thread. Best ... post ... ever.

I know, personally, that it is my high standards that hold me back. Not the usual "physical measurement" oriented standards either, if I had those "high standards" I would have found someone by now. The list is more like: Smart, interesting, not a sheep, outside of the box, passionate yet reserved, friendly, has rejected society without being jaded by society, independent, healthy and fit but has an inner fatty who loves having me cook for her, not messed up or crazy, someone who doesnt try to be the eternal victim, not brainwashed by society, adventurous, patient enough to put up with me, clever enough to call me on my bullshit. A good smile is important too, it should be nice enough to make me want to do stuff to see it all the time. My imaginary perfect mate only exists in my head, so unless I go crazy or all "vanilla sky", then I am out of luck.

I think there have been mac insiders meet ups? It's not that strange when you all go to the same school and probably take some classes together or are involved in the same thing. This isnt a Yahoo chat room.

Also your standards are typical of a teenager. Having a huge list for finding a mate never works, you dont pick them up in a store. Your standards are not even that high, its just a list and there are plenty of people who fit it. Maybe you just have to get to know more people. Join groups that you are interested in, it likely those people will have qualities you look for.
Old 11-27-2009 at 03:17 PM   #50
Ronnie

Liked: 32 Times

gmon, reeves, xo.monica, _Luu_ like this.
Old 11-27-2009 at 04:29 PM   #51
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Haha, awe! I'm just kidding, Reeves. =]
You always make fun of my age.

Sad face.
Old 11-27-2009 at 05:55 PM   #52
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Quote:
You always make fun of my age.

Sad face.
I do not! Just a couple times in the summer and right now.
I couldn't resist, haha,
but okay, no more... big baby. >.< You know I'm jus playin'.
Old 11-27-2009 at 06:22 PM   #53
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
I do not! Just a couple times in the summer and right now.
I couldn't resist, haha,
but okay, no more... big baby. >.< You know I'm jus playin'.
You seriously thought I cared? Wow. I'm good!
Old 11-27-2009 at 06:24 PM   #54
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Quote:
You seriously thought I cared? Wow. I'm good!
LOL! Yes, I'm pretty naive. >.<
Pfft. Meanie.
Old 11-27-2009 at 06:29 PM   #55
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
LOL! Yes, I'm pretty naive. >.<
Pfft. Meanie.
mean? I didnt even know!

Now I do though. Fun will ensue.
Old 11-27-2009 at 07:38 PM   #56
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
what if your vegetarian?
Old 11-27-2009 at 07:48 PM   #57
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
what if your vegetarian?
The you miss out on bacon, and that's your problem.
Old 11-27-2009 at 07:57 PM   #58
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

Tofu bacon ftw lol

xo.monica likes this.
Old 11-27-2009 at 07:59 PM   #59
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpiggydoe View Post
like sometimes, you get bad mark back or something really crappy happens to you on the way home, does it not make you feel better to talk to your significant other and have them comfort you? Before i got into a relationship, i had a journal and all my crappy moments would be in there and to some degree, it would make me feel better after writing but it obviously wasnt very good at the comforting part...
same could be applied to parents and you would be happy without a partner

and, the thing about more problems...that depends on the kind of person you and your partner are. If you are the kind of person who wants to solve problems yourself (like me), you wouldn't like having more problems surfacing every now and then.

just my 2 paras
Old 11-28-2009 at 12:16 PM   #60
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Tofu bacon ftw lol
All the brands of it I've tried taste terrible, lol. Still searching for a good one.