MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Robbery in the Westdale neighborhood General Discussion 12 11-01-2011 10:54 AM
Westdale Laundromat pdixon Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 21 04-06-2011 09:09 PM
My 1st robbery experienced in this country. myunghm General Discussion 33 10-21-2009 06:21 PM
Why Can't We Be Friends, Westdale? DannyV General Discussion 9 10-09-2008 01:30 PM

Safety Alert: Recent Street Robberies in Westdale

Recently, there were 4 street robberies in the area of Westdale. The individual appears to be around 20 years of age, white, thin build and rides on a bike. He approaches individuals with a handgun and demands for cash, wallets and purses.

http://www.hamiltonpolice.on .ca/HP...+robberies.htm

Taken from the above link,

The Hamilton Police Service is seeking the assistance of the public with the investigation of four recent robberies in Hamilton’s west-end

The Hamilton Police Service Division One Detectives is seeking the assistance of the public with identifying a suspect believed to be involved in four recent street mugging robberies in Hamilton’s west-end.

The four robberies involve a male suspect riding on a bike and armed with a handgun. The suspect demands that the victims relinquish their belongings; purse, wallets, cash. The suspect then drives off on his bike. In all four incidents the victim’s were not harmed. The suspect is described as: male, white, thin build, in his 20’s and wearing dark clothing.

The most recent robberies occurred on Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 at approximately 5:30 p.m., one incident at the intersection of Broadway St. and Ward Ave. and the second on the rail trail in the area of Rifle Range Rd. In both incidents the victims were approached by the suspect who was riding on a bike, armed with a handgun and made a demand for money. The victim on Broadway fled and the suspect road away empty-handed. In the second robbery, the suspect approached two males who were walking on the trail. The suspect demanded they relinquish their wallets. The victims’ refused to do so and the suspect rode away.

The two previous robberies occurred on July 28th, 2012 in the area of Victoria Park and on July 30th, 2012 in the area of Bowan St. and Baxter St. In both robberies the suspect rode off with the victim’s purse.

The Hamilton Police Service Division One Detectives are investigating the robberies as being linked and are asking anyone with information about the robberies to contact Det. Jacquie Leishman at 905-546-3818 or to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-06-2012 at 02:10 PM   #2
Eternal Fire
Elite Member
Program: ------------
Year: Other

Liked: 227 Times
So he had a gun, they refused to give him anything, and he rode away on his little bike? This guy sounds like an immature idiot.
Old 08-06-2012 at 02:59 PM   #3
adaptation
Elite Member
Program: Materials Science & Engineering

Liked: 305 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Fire View Post
So he had a gun, they refused to give him anything, and he rode away on his little bike? This guy sounds like an immature idiot.
So killing someone who refuses to give over their wallet is the "mature" thing to do?

He's a lowlife criminal, but at least it's all just show and he's smart enough not to try to hurt anyone. If anything that makes him mature, not immature.

julianface, Watoko like this.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 08-06-2012 at 03:11 PM   #4
Eternal Fire
Elite Member
Program: ------------

Liked: 227 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptation View Post
So killing someone who refuses to give over their wallet is the "mature" thing to do?
Nope. I never said it was.

Quote:
He's a lowlife criminal, but at least it's all just show and he's smart enough not to try to hurt anyone. If anything that makes him mature, not immature.
I just find this whole story ridiculous. The fact that some people even considered not giving him money means he doesn't look intimidating.
And if he was smart or mature, he wouldn't even be robbing at all, so those two words don't fit his description.

Old 08-06-2012 at 06:23 PM   #5
guerilla
Program: กิิิิิิิิิิิิ&#3636
Year: First

Liked: 33 Times
Damn, there has been a lot of reports lately of crime in Westdale... Not going to lie, I'm becoming slightly worried to be living there lol.
Old 08-06-2012 at 07:14 PM   #6
_Luu_
Elite Member
Program: Medical Radiation Sciences (Radiation Therapy)
Year: Third
Residence: SOCS

Liked: 184 Times
Methinks he got his "gun" at Toys-R-Us.

Just armchair postulating here.

Curlyfries, shreebee like this.
Old 08-06-2012 at 08:56 PM   #7
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Luu_ View Post
Methinks he got his "gun" at Toys-R-Us.

Just armchair postulating here.
Sounds that way to me too, but I wouldn't advocate anyone who encounters this individual take him lightly.
Old 08-06-2012 at 09:43 PM   #8
Snowman
Elite Member
Program: Engineering & Management
Year: Fifth

Liked: 180 Times
I usually don't carry much/any money with me, but I would rather lose $20 then be shot... or even a chance at being shot. I am just suprised they said no and the guy biked away...

apples12 likes this.
Old 08-06-2012 at 10:29 PM   #9
adaptation
Elite Member
Program: Materials Science & Engineering

Liked: 305 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I usually don't carry much/any money with me, but I would rather lose $20 then be shot... or even a chance at being shot. I am just suprised they said no and the guy biked away...
The real question is would you rather risk being shot and try to hoof it out of there or hand over your wallet but then have to talk to 102491 customer service reps for all your cards to cancel everything...

Get shot... or be on hold for 8 hours...

Tough call :(
Old 08-06-2012 at 10:46 PM   #10
Snowman
Elite Member

Quote:
The real question is would you rather risk being shot and try to hoof it out of there or hand over your wallet but then have to talk to 102491 customer service reps for all your cards to cancel everything...

Get shot... or be on hold for 8 hours...

Tough call :(
Good call, but I still use my Mac Wallet they have us in first year so it only has my student card and my credit card, so not too bad

If I had my regular wallet that is true. No matter what though, getting shot and dying makes most of the cards useless and puts a hamper on school for a while.
Old 08-07-2012 at 12:30 AM   #11
thuks0251
Program: Honours Biopsych
Year: Second

Liked: 10 Times
What's the safest place to live then?
Old 08-07-2012 at 12:31 AM   #12
Snowman
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuks0251 View Post
What's the safest place to live then?
Like area wise?
Old 08-07-2012 at 12:38 AM   #13
thuks0251
Program: Honours Biopsych
Year: Second

Liked: 10 Times
lol yes I guess... although I doubt that any of Hamilton is safe!
Old 08-07-2012 at 06:18 AM   #14
anonanon987
Power Abuser
Program: Business Informatics
Year: Fourth

Liked: 461 Times
Quote:
I would say the Dundas area..but then again..no area is really 'safe'.
Old 08-07-2012 at 06:29 AM   #15
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times
Quote:
Hamilton is a relatively safe city, don't let these random incidents or pessimistic persons let ya think otherwise...

Marooner likes this.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search