MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Westdale Cafe lorend Restaurants & Food Reviews 5 04-10-2011 02:38 PM
Westdale Laundromat= Closed???? gillybean Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 30 04-06-2011 09:08 PM
Westdale Theatre Chris98 Dating & Relationships 1 11-08-2010 08:55 PM
Westdale Robberies lorend MacInsiders Announcements 13 07-21-2010 05:03 PM
Why Can't We Be Friends, Westdale? DannyV General Discussion 9 10-09-2008 01:30 PM

Westdale Laundromat

Old 02-10-2011 at 01:06 PM   #1
pdixon

Liked: 0 Times

Westdale Laundromat
The Westdale Laundromat will be reopening on March under new management. All machines will be working and the place will be cleaned and upgraded. There will be a wi-fi connection, vending machine and possibly a video game or 2. The hours of operation will be 8 am until 10 pm.
Old 02-10-2011 at 01:31 PM   #2
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

What the? You guys have games and WIFI? That is so cool!
Old 02-11-2011 at 07:53 AM   #3
pdixon

I started the clean up last night and the service to all of the machines will begin on the weekend. Everything will be up and running smoothly. If you caould help spread the word I would gretly appreciate it.
Old 02-11-2011 at 08:42 AM   #4
gillybean

Liked: 1 Time

How much will the machines cost?
Also, will there be a working change machine?

If you provide me with all the information regarding the laundromat, i can be sure to spread the word.
Old 02-11-2011 at 11:09 AM   #5
Mazer

Liked: 60 Times

Weak, it used to be open until 12.
Old 02-11-2011 at 04:07 PM   #6
pdixon

I thought about keeping in open until 12 but am concerned about security. there will be IP cameras on the premises and I believe a cafe is going in the space next door. As for the laundromat itself, all of the machines will be working properly (and serviced regularly), there will be a new change machine, 1 or 2 video games, a working soap/fabric softener dispenser, aworking vending machine, new paint, complete clean up and I am hoping a wash and fold service. I am investigating this potential now and will no more in the next week. I am posting signs tomorrow and am continuing the clean up tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2011 at 07:15 PM   #7
pdixon

sorry, I forgot to say that the wash will still be $2.00 and the dryers are the same cost. I am not changing the cost of anything.
Old 02-11-2011 at 09:32 PM   #8
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

I always thought it was some shady old guy running it, not an alumni student
Old 02-12-2011 at 06:57 AM   #9
pdixon

I'm not shady and not old (yet). I just purchased it last week as the previous owner ad been locked out by the landlord for non payment of rent. I'm a '92 grad and a chiropractor here in Hamilton. My name is Paul Dixon. My goal is to get it back to the condition it was when I used it. Shouldn't be too long and scheduled open date is March 6th.
Old 02-19-2011 at 08:27 PM   #10
pdixon

laundromat update
The place in freshly painted and all of the electrical is now fixed. All of the washers are now up and running and I'm just waiting on the dryers to be fixed. I am replacing 2 of the dryers as they could not be fixed to proper working condition.

I am thinking about providing a wash and fold service during certain hours of the day. Can you please give me some feedback on this idea. I would also like your input on anything else that you'd like to see in the space to make it more inviting. Thanks for your interest. The scheduled open date is still March and we should be ready to go.
Old 02-27-2011 at 06:06 PM   #11
pdixon

A quick update on the progress. All of the washers are up and running. 4 new dryers are being installed tomorrow. All of the paint is done and the clean up will be completed tomorrow night. Internet and change machine will be in this week. There are new front and back doors and the front door will be on a timer opening at 8 am and closing at 10 pm. It will be open on Saturday March 5th (not the 6th tha I posted on the sign). If there are any questions, please e-mail me at [email protected]
Old 02-28-2011 at 11:05 PM   #12
pdixon

latest news
I brought the 4 new single load maytag druers down tonight and the will be installed tomorrow. Also picked up a couple of other washers so there should be 18 washers and 12 dryers ready to go. As thing progress I'll get a couple of the double load washers. ONe last load of garbage to go out on thursday and the security cameras, lock and hopefully internet will all be set up on thursday. If anyone wants to see the changes, I will be there from about 10:30 until 2:30. Please feel to drop by. I should be doing the final clean up on friday night and be ready for saturday.
Old 03-02-2011 at 09:05 PM   #13
pdixon

wednesday update
all of the machines are officially in. the final gas hook up on the new dryers happens tomorrow. Waiting to hear from the change machine company about their parts order. It should be in tomorrow and then installed on friday. The locksimth is coming by tomorrow to install the locks on the doors. It will be on a timer set to open at 8 am and lock at 10 pm. There is a special handle on the inside of the door so you can never get locked in. There is an e-mail address now to my business [email protected] cogeco.net if anyone has questions. It's been a lot of hard work to get it ready so quickly. I will be there 10 ish until 2:30 tomorrow and most of the evening after 8 if anyone wishes to drop by.
Old 03-04-2011 at 06:20 PM   #14
pdixon

the night before
All of themachines are running nicely. Unfortunately the service person upgrading the change machine forgot some supplies and it will not be operational until next week (hopefully monday). I have made arrangements with the Pita Pit for you ot be able to get change if you need it. All of the equipment runs on loonies and quarters. Alo had a delay with the internet so cogeco should be there next week to get things set up. Otherwise everything is in great working order and nice and clean. The door will automaticvally open at 8 a.m. and will locak at 10 p.m.

Thanks for your continued interest and I look forward to serving you.
Old 03-04-2011 at 11:36 PM   #15
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

This guy sounds awezome

pdixon says thanks to RyanC for this post.