MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
course evaluation stars General Discussion 2 12-07-2014 06:26 PM
when do TAs get to see the course evaluation? jake0405 Academics 4 12-06-2013 09:44 PM
Prof without evaluation summercandy Academics 24 11-28-2012 10:49 AM
Math evaluation for first years? 5.98e24 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 08-25-2011 08:14 PM
Course evaluation results Goce Academics 1 04-27-2010 09:10 PM

say f in course evaluation

Old 04-07-2016 at 08:46 PM   #1
stars

Liked: 4 Times

say f in course evaluation
if we Fxxk you in course evaluation, do we fail the course or no?
Old 04-07-2016 at 09:29 PM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars View Post
if we Fxxk you in course evaluation, do we fail the course or no?
What is it with fucking kids these days leaving electronic trail all over the place? Why would you type something like that using an account that could be traced to you? Why would you risk it?

You remind me of that guy in my first year, who used Avenue class forum to whine about how the prof didn't use lube on the midterm. The prof wasn't pleased to say the least.
Old 04-07-2016 at 10:55 PM   #3
stars

this prof i'm referring is really a dickhead, no joke
Old 04-07-2016 at 11:04 PM   #4
justicebeaver

Liked: 9 Times

You're in f̨͡ừ͞c̡k̢̀ing university. The prof has a PhD and you have a high school diploma. I think he's allowed to be a "dickhead" to a certain degree. Move along and save yourself the trouble if you're not going to use the course evaluation for its intended purpose; and telling him he's a "dickhead" or "f̨͡ừ͞c̡k̢̀ you" is not its purpose as neither constitutes constructive feedback .

Last edited by justicebeaver : 04-07-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-07-2016 at 11:29 PM   #5
stars

the evaluation is anonymous right?
Old 04-07-2016 at 11:38 PM   #6
stars

ok, in all seriousness, i won't use any F word. but i am going to leave some negative feedback, and i hope the prof can improve in the future, i don't think that's cross the line.
Old 04-08-2016 at 08:57 AM   #7
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars View Post
the evaluation is anonymous right?
Just because they don't show your name, doesn't mean they don't record it and they can't pull it up if there's an verbal assault going on.

Quote:
this prof i'm referring is really a dickhead, no joke
If he drops F bombs left and right (I had one of those profs once), you can either go to omnibuds, or write about it in the review. As long as it's not direct verbal conflict, action will be taken.

Quote:
You're in f̨͡ừ͞c̡k̢̀ing university. The prof has a PhD and you have a high school diploma. I think he's allowed to be a "dickhead" to a certain degree.
The person in front of your is not necessarily a professor. He could be just a lecturer hired by the university. I had a guy in a marketing class that was dropping F bombs in every class. He wasn't a prof, just some local businessman hired by the university.
Old 04-09-2016 at 09:52 AM   #8
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

There's absolutely nothing wrong with slaying the professor and course content in the evaluation if you found the class horrible. I regularly give bad evaluations with detailed reasons why it was bad and suggestions for improvement, because I want to be honest when I'm disappointed with my investment. Let them know there's a problem. Yes, it's anonymous, but be professional about it, because cursing and slandering will most likely make them toss out your feedback as an outlier, or maybe give them a reason to look you up (though I've ever heard of it happening). No, nothing will change, but at least you'll feel a bit better.