MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chem quiz;;; cjdzl Academics 9 10-12-2010 10:01 AM
Got back my first quiz. How bad did I do? adt92 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 65 10-10-2010 03:44 PM
bio prelab quiz help cjdzl Academics 4 10-06-2010 07:05 AM
Quiz on avenue Juve General Discussion 11 09-23-2010 06:41 PM
Safety Quiz p_vun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-11-2009 03:26 PM

Says I failed a 'welcome to humanities quiz' help?

Old 09-15-2012 at 11:20 AM   #1
Darkenmal

Liked: 1 Time

Says I failed a 'welcome to humanities quiz' help?
So I did the first quiz, it rewarded me a 9/10 in points, but then it says
it's 'dropped' and I receive a mark of fail. I am absolutely sure I handed it in correctly.

Can anyone explain whats going on?

steffbouk1 likes this.
Old 09-15-2012 at 11:32 AM   #2
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times

someone else had this problem in another class.. do they take your top quizzes and drop the worst 2 or something like that so that they dont count? cause if thats the case then they probably automatically dropped that first quiz because its technically your lowest (and only) mark so far. so say they drop the worst 2, once you write 3 quizzes, the two with the worst marks would say dropped.. once you write all of your quizzes, the two with the worst marks would be dropped... thats how i see it at least haha

Darkenmal says thanks to kirsten..! for this post.
Old 09-15-2012 at 11:37 AM   #3
AngryBean
Account Locked

Liked: 129 Times

I think it will be best if you people start talking to your profs about it, that way if the problem occurs again the prof will clarify it for the whole class and possibly change/fix something, and we won't have everyone in X class coming here with the same problem.

Advice to all first years. Profs are not monsters, not in first year at least. They are friendly, and will kindly help/explain you things like that.

Darkenmal says thanks to AngryBean for this post.
Old 09-15-2012 at 12:31 PM   #4
Darkenmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsten..! View Post
someone else had this problem in another class.. do they take your top quizzes and drop the worst 2 or something like that so that they dont count? cause if thats the case then they probably automatically dropped that first quiz because its technically your lowest (and only) mark so far. so say they drop the worst 2, once you write 3 quizzes, the two with the worst marks would say dropped.. once you write all of your quizzes, the two with the worst marks would be dropped... thats how i see it at least haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBean View Post
I think it will be best if you people start talking to your profs about it, that way if the problem occurs again the prof will clarify it for the whole class and possibly change/fix something, and we won't have everyone in X class coming here with the same problem.

Advice to all first years. Profs are not monsters, not in first year at least. They are friendly, and will kindly help/explain you things like that.
Kirsten, that may be the case, and if it is that would be very strange, but at least it would not be the failing mark...

And Bean, I think that is a very good idea, I will go to the profs on Monday.

Thanks for the response guys, and anyone else is welcome to help clarify this as well.

Edit: Kirsten, it just says if I pass or fail, so I assume a 5/10 would be a pass for this... I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited by Darkenmal : 09-15-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-15-2012 at 12:58 PM   #5
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

clearly, you didn't see my post from yesterday...
It's good to know I'm not the only one with this problem, though
Old 09-15-2012 at 06:42 PM   #6
danielson

Liked: 0 Times

Don't worry, happens to everyone. It happened to me just now.
Old 09-16-2012 at 03:15 PM   #7
dani3041

Liked: 10 Times

This happened to me too. I'm starting to think that a perfect 10/10 is required to pass any HUMAN 1AA0 quiz.
Old 09-16-2012 at 03:40 PM   #8
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani3041 View Post
This happened to me too. I'm starting to think that a perfect 10/10 is required to pass any HUMAN 1AA0 quiz.
Not even... I got 10/10, it still failed me.

- I think the "fail" refers to the entire course. We need to complete 7 quizzes in order to 'pass'..
Old 09-16-2012 at 08:42 PM   #9
Gorn

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetyTweety View Post
Not even... I got 10/10, it still failed me.

- I think the "fail" refers to the entire course. We need to complete 7 quizzes in order to 'pass'..
Yup, I got 10/10 as well, and it says I failed. I'm inclined to think you're right.
Old 09-17-2012 at 12:25 AM   #10
Darkenmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielson View Post
Don't worry, happens to everyone. It happened to me just now.
Getting 90%?
Old 09-17-2012 at 10:09 AM   #11
Gorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkenmal View Post
Getting 90%?
Can't tell if trolling or....
Old 09-17-2012 at 11:37 AM   #12
Darkenmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorn View Post
Can't tell if trolling or....
Half and half. The post does not make much sense, just an attempt to get the person to clarify.
Old 09-18-2012 at 08:08 PM   #13
Gorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkenmal View Post
Half and half. The post does not make much sense, just an attempt to get the person to clarify.
True say 12CHARACTERS!
Old 09-18-2012 at 09:31 PM   #14
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Guys, they fixed them... sort of.. now it just shows the points..