MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got my schedule ECHOvirus First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-10-2010 01:06 PM
Schedule Help Puzzlepiece First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-10-2010 12:11 PM
Schedule Help! CourtneyF First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-09-2010 09:59 PM
Holiday Schedule and Exam schedule Reno V First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 10-16-2008 01:56 PM
Welcome Day '08 Schedule Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 08-06-2008 02:01 PM

Schedule

Old 07-14-2010 at 02:22 PM   #1
angelrocks24

Liked: 0 Times

Schedule
Is there someone I can see somewhere in Mac to help me with my schedule. It's just really confusing to me and I can't seem to figure it out, it's frustrating. Some help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-14-2010 at 03:11 PM   #2
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

You can go to the office of the associate dean of your faculty, or speak to an academic adviser/counselor for your faculty.

Or you can try posting your issues here, and someone might be able to help!
Old 07-14-2010 at 03:58 PM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Just pick your courses, mac will generate a timetable for you in august
Old 07-14-2010 at 05:58 PM   #4
DMe3

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Just pick your courses, mac will generate a timetable for you in august
do they usually make the best timetable for you? like using the least amount of free time between the classes or is it just a random assignment which is really crap?
Old 07-14-2010 at 06:00 PM   #5
jaym

I think it seems to be pretty random. Sometimes you can end up with a good schedule, but i find it is best to move things around once it reopens so that you can make it better and remove any large gaps of time between classes if possible
Old 07-14-2010 at 06:02 PM   #6
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMe3 View Post
do they usually make the best timetable for you? like using the least amount of free time between the classes or is it just a random assignment which is really crap?
Nope, its just random. Sometimes theres conflicts, but then you just go into solar and change the core/lab/tutorial thats conflicting by using the master timetable as reference
Old 07-14-2010 at 06:13 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

It's always random, they aren't scheduling to provide everyone good schedules. They schedule so that as little students as possible have conflicts.
Old 07-14-2010 at 11:43 PM   #8
angelrocks24

Okay I got it figured out now! But 6/8 of my classes are full WWOOO. This sucks lol :( ahhwell.. I'll just keep tryinnggg!
Old 07-15-2010 at 01:38 PM   #9
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

6/8? Unless you're going for parttime your probably going to need 10...
Old 07-15-2010 at 02:20 PM   #10
amitoj

Liked: 15 Times

quick question
Hey guys. I have a quick question. At the moment, I am taking Econo 1BB3 as one of my electives. I wanted the day class but it is full, thus I had to choose the evening class. After we receive our timetables (Aug 9), is it still possible to change from evening class to day class? And if its still full, is there any way what so ever to go from evening to day?

The reason I want day class so badly is because its lectures are 3 times a week (50 mins each), while the evening class lectures is once a week for 3 hours straight (which seems really really tiring). What I believe is if someone to teaches 3 hours straight, the quality of teaching decreases. Thats why I want day class soooo badly.

Thanks for all your help guys.
Old 07-15-2010 at 03:31 PM   #11
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Hey guys. I have a quick question. At the moment, I am taking Econo 1BB3 as one of my electives. I wanted the day class but it is full, thus I had to choose the evening class. After we receive our timetables (Aug 9), is it still possible to change from evening class to day class? And if its still full, is there any way what so ever to go from evening to day?

The reason I want day class so badly is because its lectures are 3 times a week (50 mins each), while the evening class lectures is once a week for 3 hours straight (which seems really really tiring). What I believe is if someone to teaches 3 hours straight, the quality of teaching decreases. Thats why I want day class soooo badly.

Thanks for all your help guys.
Ya, once time tables are generated, you're still free to change lectures/courses/tutorials/labs.etc.

Econ 1BB3 and Econ 1B03 are really big, so there is a good chance someone will switch out at some point before school starts, giving you a chance to get in.

Good luck!
Old 07-15-2010 at 03:34 PM   #12
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Yep, its definitely possible to switch to the day class if you want, spots will most likely open up once time tables are released.

Even if you can't get a spot, don't worry! You can just attend the day lectures if you choose, there will most likely be tonnes of seats after a few classes, Econ is a class where its easy to do well even if you don't go to class (ie, lots of people don't go to class).

I wouldn't try to avoid night class too much though, I've had quite a few and the quality of teaching hasn't seemed to decrease for any of the profs I had. In fact, I think some of the teachers I've had for day classes would have done better in a night class, just because it takes them 20 minutes to get to teaching, and in a 50 minute class that isn't a good thing!

Hope that helps!

Also, some faculties only require you to take 4 classes per semester.
Old 07-15-2010 at 03:42 PM   #13
amitoj

Liked: 15 Times

Thats helps a lot. Thanks guys. btw, im in engineering, which requires me to take 6 courses per semester ....I think. lol
Old 07-15-2010 at 04:45 PM   #14
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
6/8? Unless you're going for parttime your probably going to need 10...
Full year courses?
Old 07-15-2010 at 06:21 PM   #15
Jaff24

Liked: 11 Times

some course have 6 units. so maybe he/she took 2 6 unit courses?