MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting feedback Chad Computers & Tech 6 04-01-2010 12:22 AM
Need more website feedback :P blackdragon General Discussion 3 08-10-2009 05:12 PM
Holiday Schedule and Exam schedule Reno V First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 10-16-2008 01:56 PM
MacInsiders looking for feedback Chad MacInsiders Announcements 16 05-22-2008 07:45 AM

Schedule Feedback!?!

Old 08-10-2010 at 04:17 PM   #1
MaryS

Liked: 17 Times

Schedule Feedback!?!
Hey! Can anyone give me some feedback on my schedule?? The term 1 and 2 are the schedules that I was assigned however the term 1&2 is the schedule I made for myself based on profs.

Is having back to back classes difficult in terms of getting there in time??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term 1 and 2.jpg (54.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg term1.jpg (139.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg term2.jpg (125.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 08-10-2010 at 04:19 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Your schedule looks great. You might want to consider changing your term 2 chem lab to another time. But it's totally up to you, whatever makes you happy.

You can walk from one side of the campus to the other in 10 minutes at a slightly elevated pace but nothing seat inducing.
Old 08-10-2010 at 04:21 PM   #3
MaryS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Your schedule looks great. You might want to consider changing your term 2 chem lab to another time. But it's totally up to you, whatever makes you happy.

You can walk from one side of the campus to the other in 10 minutes at a slightly elevated pace but nothing seat inducing.
youre talking about the schedule i made for myself right? not the ones i was assigned? lol
Old 08-10-2010 at 04:38 PM   #4
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Basically an ideal schedule you got there, for term 1.

TeleKey likes this.
Old 08-10-2010 at 04:45 PM   #5
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

the 2nd term schedule you made is messed up. You have to have the same section number for chem labs/tutorials (see the bajillion announcements/posts everywhere on this site for further explanation...)

Personally, I like the schedule you were assigned for Term 1 way better than the one you made, especially on Mondays and your math 1F03 tutorial.
The only things I would change about your term 2 assigned schedule are the Friday physics tutorial (move it to another day if possible so you can end early on Fridays) and your math 1LS3 tutorial (it's pretty late, so if you could make it earlier you can be done earlier). If you can change those two things, it would be a pretty good schedule.
Old 08-10-2010 at 04:58 PM   #6
MaryS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
the 2nd term schedule you made is messed up. You have to have the same section number for chem labs/tutorials (see the bajillion announcements/posts everywhere on this site for further explanation...)

Personally, I like the schedule you were assigned for Term 1 way better than the one you made, especially on Mondays and your math 1F03 tutorial.
The only things I would change about your term 2 assigned schedule are the Friday physics tutorial (move it to another day if possible so you can end early on Fridays) and your math 1LS3 tutorial (it's pretty late, so if you could make it earlier you can be done earlier). If you can change those two things, it would be a pretty good schedule.
Yea... I know its pretty messed up. But I changed it around mainly because of profs. Ive heard some such as lock for chem are much better than others. would you recommend doing this? or are they all pretty much the same??
Old 08-10-2010 at 05:13 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
youre talking about the schedule i made for myself right? not the ones i was assigned? lol
I'm talking about the one that was assigned to you.
Old 08-10-2010 at 05:13 PM   #8
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Yea... I know its pretty messed up. But I changed it around mainly because of profs. Ive heard some such as lock for chem are much better than others. would you recommend doing this? or are they all pretty much the same??
Well, for Term 1 chem I've only had Lock, so I can't comment on how good the other profs are. For Term 2 you should be fine with any of them (I've had them all, they're all good profs). For Bio (both terms) all cores have the same profs. Same with both psychs and both kins, and physics 1L03.

I don't know if it's worth having a really bad schedule first term just to get Lock. A lot of people (myself included) really like her, but I know some people that really don't. It depends on you. Also, with your original schedule, you'd still be able to go to 2 of her 3 lectures each week, if you decided that whichever prof you end up with is terrible--you could just start going to Lock's lectures instead of the one you're scheduled in. The chem dept is pretty good about making sure you have good first year profs, though--I don't think you should worry about it too much.
Old 08-10-2010 at 05:22 PM   #9
MaryS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Well, for Term 1 chem I've only had Lock, so I can't comment on how good the other profs are. For Term 2 you should be fine with any of them (I've had them all, they're all good profs). For Bio (both terms) all cores have the same profs. Same with both psychs and both kins, and physics 1L03.

I don't know if it's worth having a really bad schedule first term just to get Lock. A lot of people (myself included) really like her, but I know some people that really don't. It depends on you. Also, with your original schedule, you'd still be able to go to 2 of her 3 lectures each week, if you decided that whichever prof you end up with is terrible--you could just start going to Lock's lectures instead of the one you're scheduled in. The chem dept is pretty good about making sure you have good first year profs, though--I don't think you should worry about it too much.
Thanks! It seems I can change my chem lectures without actually changing anything else.
Old 08-10-2010 at 05:24 PM   #10
AK05

Liked: 0 Times

hey honestly i would definetly vote for ur green schedule. It luks great.. schedule tht u made is kinda packed..
Old 08-10-2010 at 05:39 PM   #11
MaryS

Quick question - for chem for instance, are all the test/quizzes etc the same for all sections? regardless of prof?
Old 08-10-2010 at 05:46 PM   #12
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Quick question - for chem for instance, are all the test/quizzes etc the same for all sections? regardless of prof?
That is correct. That's why all students write the test at the same time, usually on Friday nights.