MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Business School Videos Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-01-2010 05:59 PM
Conflict Plagues The School Of Business Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 04-06-2010 04:23 PM
Faculty and Program Series Part Ten: DeGroote School of Business jhan523 Faculty & Program Series 2 09-29-2009 05:29 PM
Degroote School of Business (2009) lorend Academics 25 07-16-2009 05:30 PM

School Of Business (DeGroote School of Business)

Old 04-14-2011 at 07:28 PM   #46
AllenL

Liked: 1 Time

oh, I checked online just now :S

http://www.degroote.mcmaster .ca/UG...trhd_000.p df

What CA do I need to graduate?
If you are in Honours Commerce your final CA must be at least 5.0. If you are in the
Commerce program your final CA must be at least 4.0 (see page 29 of the 2010-2011
Undergraduate Calendar)

Edit: it's a 5 to remain in program only if you are transferring from year 1 to year 2.
Old 06-07-2011 at 12:14 PM   #47
RyanB

Liked: 0 Times

can someone please tell me the required commerce year 2 courses. thanks
Old 06-07-2011 at 12:37 PM   #48
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
can someone please tell me the required commerce year 2 courses. thanks
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calen...nt/pg1189.html

there ya go!
Old 06-07-2011 at 12:53 PM   #49
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times

When do we sign in to MUGSI to pick classes for Commerce II? I've been looking but I'm not sure where to find this information.
Old 06-07-2011 at 12:55 PM   #50
AllenL

thursday june 16 for commerce 2. Or you can check on MUGSI/Solar if you can get it. It will give you a date.
Old 06-07-2011 at 01:10 PM   #51
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaint View Post
When do we sign in to MUGSI to pick classes for Commerce II? I've been looking but I'm not sure where to find this information.
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /regis...%20FINAL. pdf

the official info is on the link. but like AllenL said its on june 16
Old 06-07-2011 at 01:11 PM   #52
Phaint
Account Locked

Liked: 131 Times

Awesome thanks alot.
Old 06-26-2011 at 05:34 PM   #53
aspire.dream

Electives
Which electives would you reccommend for a 1st year commerce student? (pref. easy-ish ones)
and...which electives should you avoid?

I'm getting so many mixed-messages...it's REALLY confusing

I took all business and math in highschool (I don't have any interest in the sciences or history/geo)

Thanks!!

PS I'm considering/ I've got it down to:
communication, comp sci, french (1Z06), inquiry, labr studies, math, multimedia, psych, soc work, sociology, theatre & film, women studies

^ But I don't even know if I'm allowed to take any of these (pre/anti requisites)

Thanks again
Old 06-27-2011 at 03:46 PM   #54
samwang07

Hey
I'm just wondering, will it effect you later on if you decide to take Math 1A03 rather than Math 1M03?
Also, any thoughts on Stats 1L03? I heard that it was difficult and I'm not much of a math person so that's worrying me quite a bit.
Old 06-27-2011 at 04:00 PM   #55
Fengatron

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwang07 View Post
Hey
I'm just wondering, will it effect you later on if you decide to take Math 1A03 rather than Math 1M03?
Also, any thoughts on Stats 1L03? I heard that it was difficult and I'm not much of a math person so that's worrying me quite a bit.
1M03 is required for all commerce kids, so take that.(and you are not much of a math person so why more maths eh?)

stats 1L03 - if you took gr 12 data management you dont need that, if not, hard or easy you will taking it(and you know its hard!).

I have no idea why people always say stats=easy maths, i find it way more complex than entry level calculus
Old 06-27-2011 at 05:35 PM   #56
Taya

I have taken communication 1a03, its a good course the prof seems to really care for her students and its easy to do well. Ive wanted to take french (1Z06) as i heard the prof was amazing and it really improves your french , i would say sociology was the easiest for me (1a06) because the prof would tell you exactly what was on the midterms (i think her name was cook). I thought comp sci was a prerequisite for commerce :/ whatever you do don't take it with hurst.. he is brutal.
Old 06-28-2011 at 12:17 AM   #57
Salik

Liked: 32 Times

Because first years get to pick their courses last, does that mean we will get the worst electives as all the good ones will be full :(
Old 06-28-2011 at 12:20 AM   #58
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salik View Post
Because first years get to pick their courses last, does that mean we will get the worst electives as all the good ones will be full :(
No, they reserve seats for every level and department in all courses. The number of seats depends on the level of the course as well as the department the course belongs to.

eunhyuks, Salik all say thanks to jhan523 for this post.

aspire.dream, Salik like this.
Old 06-28-2011 at 06:01 AM   #59
tiger
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire.dream View Post
Which electives would you reccommend for a 1st year commerce student? (pref. easy-ish ones)
and...which electives should you avoid?

I'm getting so many mixed-messages...it's REALLY confusing

I took all business and math in highschool (I don't have any interest in the sciences or history/geo)

Thanks!!

PS I'm considering/ I've got it down to:
communication, comp sci, french (1Z06), inquiry, labr studies, math, multimedia, psych, soc work, sociology, theatre & film, women studies

^ But I don't even know if I'm allowed to take any of these (pre/anti requisites)

Thanks again

Check the pre-requisites in the undergrad calender > courses section. You'll find all courses listed their.

Also, in the undergrad calender if you go to faculties then degroote, you can find all the required courses for 1st year there. For e.g. there's a required comp sci course for all 1st year business student. And you must pick one of these 4 courses as a required course (psych, soc, anthro, geo)

aspire.dream says thanks to tiger for this post.
Old 09-12-2011 at 10:53 AM   #60
drewwww

i used to be in commerce, its ok.