MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Night/Summer School? (high school level) Zimonada First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-20-2011 01:12 PM
School and government need to do something about bad living conditions arounds school jacqueda Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 24 05-18-2011 09:34 PM
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
Phy 1B03 supplies pat2010 Academics 5 05-03-2010 07:03 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM

School supplies?

Old 07-19-2011 at 09:07 AM   #46
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Ah right, I never clicked the link. xD
Old 07-19-2011 at 01:06 PM   #47
dreamer21

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
That, and there's also the one that the MSU gives out in the Student centre during welcome week (free btw!).
Yep, this is the one I use
Old 07-19-2011 at 02:31 PM   #48
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorMtve View Post
Lots and lots of:
DEAR GOD NO I'M HAVING ORGO FLASHBACKS..

Seriously, every time I see a kekule structure I get PTSD-like flashbacks in a cold sweat..

On a more serious note, I cannot recommend buying a laser printer enough. Titles ink is expensive as hell, and a trip to somewhere in Hamilton to buy it cheaper is a *****.

I bought a laser printer for 2nd year, I finished the whole year without having to buy toner once, and the original toner was only a 1/2 cartridge that came with the printer.

GB123 says thanks to Freak705 for this post.
Old 07-19-2011 at 11:32 PM   #49
gguarna

Liked: 5 Times

I saw the binder clip things at walmart today, right after mission2mac!
Old 07-19-2011 at 11:35 PM   #50
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguarna View Post
I saw the binder clip things at walmart today, right after mission2mac!
how much were they ?

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 07-19-2011 at 11:38 PM   #51
gguarna

Liked: 5 Times

i didn't check the price as I didn't know someone posted them on the thread, but I remember pointing them out to my friend... if I'm mistaken they were 2.98 but don't quote me... They already have all the back to school stuff out!

L'Étoile says thanks to gguarna for this post.
Old 07-19-2011 at 11:47 PM   #52
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

Thinking of buying a laser printer, figured MacInsiders users should be up so instead of googling it...

Anyone see a difference in quality between a really expensive one and a cheap-ass one that won't hurt my wallet (and by my wallet, I mean my parent's wallets)

Also, most of the ones I see in my price range (range being as close to $0 as possible) print black only. When you print a colour page in grayscale, how bad is the quality? Is it legible, or understandable if it's a pic?

Also also, compared to a comparable inkjet (is that what normal printers are called..? let's go with inkjet) what's the quality like?

Also also also, anyone want to throw out a suggestion. Brand, model, unguarded warehouse, specific store...anything helps.

Remember, sharing is caring. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-19-2011 at 11:59 PM   #53
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorMtve View Post
Thinking of buying a laser printer, figured MacInsiders users should be up so instead of googling it...

Anyone see a difference in quality between a really expensive one and a cheap-ass one that won't hurt my wallet (and by my wallet, I mean my parent's wallets)

Also, most of the ones I see in my price range (range being as close to $0 as possible) print black only. When you print a colour page in grayscale, how bad is the quality? Is it legible, or understandable if it's a pic?

Also also, compared to a comparable inkjet (is that what normal printers are called..? let's go with inkjet) what's the quality like?

Also also also, anyone want to throw out a suggestion. Brand, model, unguarded warehouse, specific store...anything helps.

Remember, sharing is caring. Thanks in advance.
I had a BW Laser and a really cheap colour inkjet (actually "free" with my camera lol). If you need to print in colour using a BW Laser printer is terrible. I printed all journal articles with my colour printer because it's impossible to tell what is what in pictures without referring to the picture on the computer. Also, if you need to print graphs, don't forget that you can use symbols and different styles of lines so you don't have to print it in colour.

Quality? Normal I guess, I don't pay attention to quality. If I can read it then it's good enough for me.

You'll want to find a printer that has cheap toner if you are looking to spend as little as possible.

UlteriorMtve says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 07-20-2011 at 12:02 AM   #54
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

toner is better than inkjet since it lasts longer.
Im pretty sure any laser printer would do just fine. For my uses, a black printer was all i needed, although me and my roommate burned through it fast. Just get one of those cheap ones when school starts. I would recommend samsung and HP (ppl complaina lot about hp but i never had problems with hp printers)

GB123, UlteriorMtve all say thanks to Leeoku for this post.