MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Authorized Seat anthony First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 08-17-2010 08:09 PM
who to contact for solar and how does seat reservations work?? Zack120 Academics 3 06-14-2010 03:47 PM
Undergraduate Seat on University Board of Govenors temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 11 10-25-2009 06:07 PM
Music 2II3 (Pop music):Seat Available Junebug Academics 1 09-15-2008 12:41 AM

a seat in an elective course?

Old 08-16-2011 at 10:21 PM   #1
eunhyuks

Liked: 4 Times

a seat in an elective course?
Hi,

I was just wondering, I really want to take one course as my elective but it's full. Is it possible to call the faculty in which the course belongs in and ask them to give me a seat? or do I only do that when it's a course I must take in my program? If I ask them to give me a seat will they do it or no because it is an elective?

please let me know! thank you so much!
Old 08-16-2011 at 10:28 PM   #2
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

If it's an elective you're basically out of luck. For them to open up a seat for you it has to be something required for your program, or maybe if you're convincing enough, something you're going to minor in, or something required for a program you're planning to switch into. For just a normal elective though, no dice. Just keep checking back, maybe someone will drop the course and you'll catch their spot.

eunhyuks says thanks to Andrew A for this post.
Old 08-16-2011 at 10:29 PM   #3
Ahi88

Liked: 6 Times

Try going to the faculty to tell them you're minoring in that field, they'll probably check your marks and if all is well they may open up a seat for you.

eunhyuks says thanks to Ahi88 for this post.