MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can 2nd year students select 1st year electives? Daman K Academics 8 09-08-2010 08:03 PM
McMaster First Year Nursing!!! Message me if your in the first year program as well crumble Introduce Yourself 0 08-12-2010 09:40 PM
Taking second year courses in third/fourth year b.m. Academics 1 07-27-2010 10:37 PM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM

Second year course in first year

Old 09-17-2010 at 10:33 AM   #1
Vaidawg

Liked: 15 Times

Second year course in first year
Are there any second year courses I can take in first year (for semester 2)? Especially any biology, chemistry or commerce courses? I will have finished Bio 1a03 and bio 1m03 by the end of semester 1.
Old 09-17-2010 at 10:49 AM   #2
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

The Undergraduate Calendar--you should have it. If you have the pre-reqs for the bio courses listed, then you should be able to talk to the Associate Dean of Science about taking it. If you don't have the undergrad calendar, the pre-reqs are also listed here: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calen...nt/pg1982.html

From what you've said, here are the second year bio courses that you would be able to take:

2A03: Integrative Physiology of Animals

Pre-reqs: Bio 1A03 and M03, (which you have) and credit or registration in Physics 1B03 or 1SCI 1A24. There are currently no seats open for 1B03 in Term 2, so this option would only be open to you if you're already registered for it this term or next term.

2F03: Fundamental and Applied Ecology

Pre-reqs: Bio 1M03 (which you have0 or ISCI 1A24

You couldn't take any of the others during Term 2 unless you're currently taking the pre-req Chem 1AA3, which would only be possible if you were in International Baccalaureate during high school who took higher level chem and got a high enough mark, and thus got a credit for Chem 1A03.
Old 09-17-2010 at 01:03 PM   #3
Vaidawg

Liked: 15 Times

Thanks a lot. I don't have Physics 1B03 and although I was in IB and got a high enough mark in HL Chemistry, I don't want the transfer credit for Chem 1aa3.

Are there any other courses I can do? I really can't find any. :(
Old 09-17-2010 at 02:48 PM   #4
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

you can take bio 2b03 and chem 1aa3 in the same term in semester 2. you just need permission.