MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Year Engineering Programs chistes First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-18-2010 05:00 PM
life science 2nd year programs kwyhan Academics 7 06-11-2010 07:22 PM
Year II Bio Programs? rrtt General Discussion 8 06-27-2009 11:05 PM
Switch Programs In Second Year crazytown Academics 3 06-24-2009 07:34 PM
second year programs mcmaster0812 Academics 45 06-03-2009 01:21 PM

Second year programs

Old 05-29-2010 at 10:08 PM   #1
zunizoon
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

Second year programs
Yay so I got accepted to Honours History, my first choice. Now that is good and all, but do I choose that program like I did for first year? Or do I just choose the courses? Btw I switched faculties if that makes any difference.
Old 05-29-2010 at 10:11 PM   #2
R.L.

Liked: 3 Times

If I recall correctly, when you log onto SOLAR for course registration there will be a window that requires you to select your major. Then you can proceed to select your courses.

Correct me if I am wrong.

zunizoon says thanks to R.L. for this post.
Old 05-29-2010 at 10:12 PM   #3
zunizoon
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

Haha I guess we'll just have to find out when registration opens up. Thanks for the info (:
Old 05-29-2010 at 10:17 PM   #4
kunaltandan
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 4 Times

Congrats! I also got into the majors that I wanted to get into, though, my marks are kind of s***. Oh well. I just gotta do better next year *fingers crossed*!

And, like someone else said before, I think you choose it and then you choose your electives.
Old 05-29-2010 at 11:42 PM   #5
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

That's right, in June you will select your choice on SOLAR right before you choose your classes for next year.
Old 05-29-2010 at 11:44 PM   #6
kunaltandan
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
That's right, in June you will select your choice on SOLAR right before you choose your classes for next year.
Do you pick your courses like the MOMENT after you choose your major? 'Cause I'm switching into another faculty all-together, but it still says Life Science under my faculty. Would I start picking courses the same time as the science kids? I really don't wanna do that since they pick it so damn late.
Old 05-29-2010 at 11:49 PM   #7
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaltandan View Post
Do you pick your courses like the MOMENT after you choose your major? 'Cause I'm switching into another faculty all-together, but it still says Life Science under my faculty. Would I start picking courses the same time as the science kids? I really don't wanna do that since they pick it so damn late.
That's a good question. I also switched faculties last year, but the registration dates were like a day apart so it hadn't mattered.

In that situation, see if it does open up for you on the day of the other faculty you switched to. Because at this point since you know you've been accepted to it, it might follow through that it will open up for you.

If not, then you might have to wait until the Science day unfortunately. Good luck. :]

Oh, and yes, you normally choose your courses right after you choose your major. You don't HAVE to, but it's a good idea to get in there quickly before elective spots are filled up.
Old 05-29-2010 at 11:51 PM   #8
kunaltandan
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
That's a good question. I also switched faculties last year, but the registration dates were like a day apart so it hadn't mattered.

In that situation, see if it does open up for you on the day of the other faculty you switched to. Because at this point since you know you've been accepted to it, it might follow through that it will open up for you.

If not, then you might have to wait until the Science day unfortunately. Good luck. :]

Oh, and yes, you normally choose your courses right after you choose your major. You don't HAVE to, but it's a good idea to get in there quickly before elective spots are filled up.
Technically, I haven't switched yet. I still have to "choose" my major. The major I'm gonna choose falls under Soc. Sci., but because I haven't chosen it yet (which is why I was asking if we pick majors/courses at the same time), I'm still under Science.
Old 05-29-2010 at 11:55 PM   #9
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaltandan View Post
Technically, I haven't switched yet. I still have to "choose" my major. The major I'm gonna choose falls under Soc. Sci., but because I haven't chosen it yet (which is why I was asking if we pick majors/courses at the same time), I'm still under Science.
Hmm, just check SOLAR on the Social Science date and see if it's open for you to choose your major/pick courses. Since MUGSI and SOLAR are all intertwined and such, it might recognize that you've been accepted to programs in two different faculties. If not, then you probably have to wait until the science day.
Old 05-30-2010 at 12:41 AM   #10
hellohello

Liked: 9 Times

How do you know whether you've been accepted into your Level II program? Where does it show up?
Old 05-30-2010 at 01:50 AM   #11
feonateresa
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohello View Post
How do you know whether you've been accepted into your Level II program? Where does it show up?
Underneath your grades on the Grade Report, it will say whether or not you are 'eligible' for the program(s) you applied to.

You can find the Grade Report on the side panel when you click on a MUGSI link.

hellohello says thanks to feonateresa for this post.
Old 05-30-2010 at 02:08 AM   #12
Laydee Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohello View Post
It shows up in your grade report right below your marks and it should show you what programs you are eligible/ineligible for. =)

hellohello says thanks to Laydee Death for this post.
Old 05-30-2010 at 09:58 AM   #13
hellohello

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laydee Death View Post
It shows up in your grade report right below your marks and it should show you what programs you are eligible/ineligible for. =)
Oh awesome, thanks, guys!