Osap Documents!! amitoj Financial Aid 1 07-12-2010 12:10 PM
OSAP Documents Fawkes Academics 1 06-14-2010 05:47 PM
Sending documents for OSAP raine General Discussion 4 06-21-2009 09:12 PM

Sending OSAP Documents

Old 07-11-2012 at 07:04 PM   #1
Quiver

Liked: 126 Times

Sending OSAP Documents
Hey everyone, I have a quick question about sending in the OSAP documents (parent signature form and student signature form) to the Financial Aid Office.

Does anyone know if it'll get there in time for the deadline on the 15th if I send them out tonight? I'm mailing from Toronto.

If not then I'll have to spend money on an Xpress post to get them there in a day or get myself to Hamilton tomorrow to drop it off. It has to get there by the 15th or else you can't use it to pay for this year, right?

Thank you!
Old 07-11-2012 at 07:35 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
Hey everyone, I have a quick question about sending in the OSAP documents (parent signature form and student signature form) to the Financial Aid Office.

Does anyone know if it'll get there in time for the deadline on the 15th if I send them out tonight? I'm mailing from Toronto.

If not then I'll have to spend money on an Xpress post to get them there in a day or get myself to Hamilton tomorrow to drop it off. It has to get there by the 15th or else you can't use it to pay for this year, right?

Thank you!
You would have to get it there by Friday since the offices are closed on Sunday (and mail doesn't process during the weekends anyways).

The 15th deadline is for OSAP to appear as a payment option on your payment agreement so that you can use OSAP to pay directly for school. Otherwise you'll have to indirectly pay the school by paying through online banking/cheque/interac when you do get the OSAP money in September. Or you can pay the school with your own money and just keep the OSAP money in your bank if that is a financial option you can afford.
Old 07-11-2012 at 08:02 PM   #3
Quiver

Am I allowed to keep the money in my bank account...? I think that as it is, I only have the 30% Off grant so will I just get to keep that if I pay with my own money?
Old 07-11-2012 at 08:10 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Am I allowed to keep the money in my bank account...? I think that as it is, I only have the 30% Off grant so will I just get to keep that if I pay with my own money?
Not entirely sure how the 30% off tuition works as this is the first year it'll be before school starts. If it does go to your bank you are allowed to keep it. It's basically like using it to pay the school indirectly. You pay first and then are reimbursed the money. If it goes to the school directly and you've already paid all your tuition, it'll appear as a credit in your student account and you can request a cheque from the school (SACS on 2nd floor of GH).
Old 07-11-2012 at 08:17 PM   #5
Quiver

So if I don't make it, the 30% Grant will either a) go to my bank, and I can just keep if I paid all my school fees already or b) go to the school at a later date after I paid everything and I can just collect it and put it in my bank anyway? Is that correct?

When do I know/how do I check if it went to the school or not?

Thank you!
Old 07-11-2012 at 08:26 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
So if I don't make it, the 30% Grant will either a) go to my bank, and I can just keep if I paid all my school fees already or b) go to the school at a later date after I paid everything and I can just collect it and put it in my bank anyway? Is that correct?

When do I know/how do I check if it went to the school or not?

Thank you!
Yeah, those are the two possibilities I can think of. You can check your student account through MUGSI to see if it was deposited in your school account. I think it'll go to your bank though. I'm guessing that the 30% tuition deduction will be coupled with OSAP so if you don't select OSAP as a payment option the 30% tuition deduction won't go to the school. That's just my reasoning though.

Quiver says thanks to jhan523 for this post.